“Great place to say”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Burlington, NC
“Great place to say”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

This hotel was the nice place that I have ever stayed at the people at the hotel was the Nice's people that could run the place I would stay there again when I come back to Carolina Beach

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kinston, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

We went to the beach to soak up some sun and get some R&R. The location of the motel was so close to the water. We had a great time with no problems at all.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
busymom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

My family and I spent 4 nights at this motel in early June. I was actually able to rest and relax, which is a rare occurrence in my busy life. The room was immaculately clean and air conditioned when we checked in. We did not have any problems with our room at all. The beds were comfortable and the place was quiet. The owners and staff were cooperative and helpful when we had needs or requests. They were even nice enough to make sure our room was cleaned when our teens crept out of bed in the mid-afternoon. Most of the rooms at this motel are very cute, and some of them are just adorable. This is no Marriott, but it was much nicer, cleaner, and quieter (and more affordable) than the Econolodge we stayed at on the way home. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to spend a family vacation on a budget, then this is a great place to stay. We are planning to visit again next summer.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2008

We stayed 3 nights & were pleased. The rates were great, room clean & the staff very friendly.
The room was small but efficient. We were able to walk from the hotel to about everyting we wanted to do. That is a plus with todays gas prices.
We will return.

• Liked — Rates
  • Disliked — small bed
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
North carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2008

We stay at Dry Dock every year! We have been lodging there for the past four years. Our family loves fishing and the beach.we can take our fishing equipment in the rooms with no problems. The owners and staff are always nice and helpful!

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2004, travelled with family
1 Thank LuvtheBeach56
raleigh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2007

Okay, so my husband and I stayed in the infamous room #14 that the previous reviewer spoke of (July 2006) and some of the response by the owner is a complete lie (I thought one of God's ten commandments was Thou shall not Lie?). Anyway, what the person said was true. The room smelled, the bed was absolutely uncomfortable (so much for a new one, like the owner stated? This one was not new!!!!) and unsanitary! The bedding itself had spots of blood or something all over it. They did redo the bathroom, but the ceiling was done w/unpainted wood? That's smart considering you are near the ocean and your establishment looks like a decent amount of rain/wind would wash it away. And the doors and bathroom were repainted, but with a nice amount hair with it - they may have paid the cleaning crew extra for that luxury! The bathtub was so gross and had so much rust - it had toilet paper stuck to the inside of it to the rust underneath the spout - the shower curtain had so much mold on it! (Don't get me started on the showerhead - it was had so much rust/calcium build up on it that it was turning blue - yeah, the original color of it is off-white) The toilet wouldn't flush. The t.v. was mounted to the wall? Who does that anymore? Yes, they had a coffee maker! The thing is so old, it looked like it was going to fall apart when you tried to open it to put the 1 coffee package they give you in it. Yes, they have microwaves and mini (very mini) fridges in the rooms, however, it is not a "kitchenette" as one of the amenities is listed. In addition, the a/c did not work properly at all so that was just another lie told - they leak so bad the have to put sand buckets underneath them - they look like they have been there since 1986 (they are the old brown ones with the paneling!!!). Oh yeah, 1 more thing, my husband and I almost got towed because they don't have enough parking for their guests!
In addition, I don't judge anyone's religious beliefs, but give me a break with the quotes on the marquee's, etc. So do you think just because you obviously don't read much of anything else than the bible and quote the a couple of paragraphs that makes up for the fact that you lie to people about your craphole?
Anyway, long story short - do not stay here, unless you were like my husband and I and just went down there to fish. So, we smelled anyway for the better part of the weekend and we were never in the room.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank blue57star

Travellers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

Sanford NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2007

I have always stayed here for my family beach trips, even before it was renamed The Drydock. I remember when it was Lucille's. My dad turned me on to this place back when I was a teenager and I even stayed there on my honeymoon!! When my husband and I arrived on our honeymoon vacation, they had the air turned on , the room was emacculate and they had flowers waiting for us in our room. The owners, both previous and the current, have always been curtious and respectful. They always try to handle any problems promptly. This is not the Ritz, by no means, but they are a family oriented motel. I have never had any issues and have always enjoyed my stays there! Thanks for many years of fond memories Drydock!

• Liked — Close to everything and has a pool
  • Disliked — older motel still updating accomodations
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family