“Great family place with EXCELLENT staff!!!!!!”
Review of Oceaneer Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Oceaneer Motel
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reidsville, North Carolina
“Great family place with EXCELLENT staff!!!!!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We have been staying at the Oceaneer for several years now and have never had a bad experience. The rooms and grounds are always clean! The manager, Sharon, and the rest of the staff will go out of their way to help you in any way they can. They are always respectful and polite. If you're looking for a quiet, family orientated place to stay for a relaxing time with good people, the Oceaneer is the best!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank J N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Liberty, NC
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed here for the first time 8/2 -8/4. The motel was quiet, which surprised us since it was full. The room, lobby, and pool area were very well kept. Everything was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. I have to admit that I was concerned that the motel would not live up to the reviews that I had read. I must say it far surpassed our expectations. Our family agrees we are looking forward to our next stay at the Oceaneer.

Room Tip: Was on the ground floor. We didn't hear the people walking above us.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Barbara H
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I just read the review from Amy and in awe. Our family has stayed here for 7 years and new had an issue. Family being from great-grandmother down to great-grandchild ages ranging from 6-84 and totaling 14 people. The manager is absolutely the most polite reasonable office manager I have ever experienced. All the staff goes out of their way to ensure all guests are happy and treated fairly. Our family has never had an issue with noise, partying, quiet hours, 'drunk staff'. Pricing is absolutely on key for this area. Rooms are absolutely on key with the pricing. Location is awesome. If you are looking for a private secluded lodging facility this is not the place. If you are looking for a 'Hilton' this is not the place. If you are looking for a well maintained, go above ad beyond staff, family oriented place, then this IS the place! ☀☕

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Vaaustingals
Kenly, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Ocean views great!!!! Staff is so very helpful. Wanted to bring our daughter and granddaughter to a family oriented hotel that catered to families. I would give this hotel 10 thumbs up. If you are looking for a great stay for the price this is the place! Manager " Sharon" and other staff members " Fatima" are so helpful and go out of the way for you to have a relaxing and great time.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Shannon L
Lillington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stay at this motel every year . The motel may not be a condo or have any fancy accessories the rooms are just what we need. Two beds, tv' with cable', bath, ocean front, pool ,and to top it off out of the five years that I have been going to visit Carolina beach the staff there have never been rood. They have always tried to help us out in any way they could. They are great I love them to death very very kind people. They make it feel like home and it really feels like there part of the family. Here are some examples: The pool opens at 9 am to 9pm any other place would fuss about the pool being closed on time not these guys they would always let the kids swim about a hour longer , We wanted to cook out but forgot certain items we needed to grill they went in got us platter,tin foil and ect, They always helped us out when it came to finding out about fun things we could do around the beach, also I hate hate hate bad storms im scared to death of them been that way since I was little the lady at the front desk with the blond hair I think her name was june lol not sure about that but anyway she is like my own personal forecaster she always lets me know if somthings coming that I should be aware of, These guys will let you stay and swim even though its time to check out and the coolest thing ever this last trip they were so nice to tell us to take our time to check out because no one was expected to come in that that you do not get any where else. I miss this place all ready and will be booking my next vacation very soon.

Room Tip: I like the bottom floor cause it was closer to the pool and the kids could go right out to it also i...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Valerie R
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This was a comfortable, reasonably priced place to stay on a beautiful beach. Not convenient to walking to stores, etc... No rooms facing ocean. Small family oriented place. It was quiet and peaceful, and had ample parking

Room Tip: 3rd floor and 2nd floor better ocean views, 1st floor more convenient, as no elevators
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ronniep44
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

If your vacation is to be a quiet getaway, don't go here. The rooms were decent for an 'affordable motel' but when evening rolled around it turned into a party zone...on a Monday night. No information said that quiet hours didn't start until 11, so around 9 when the pool is no longer supposed to be in use (but it was), that's when I expected it to quiet down. Nope! That's when the music started. The manager was drinking with the rest of them so I didn't feel like I had anyone to call and complain. When I called the next day, I was told that I should have requested my room be moved to a quieter section (again, didn't want to confront drunk people), that people are on vacation having a good time, and that quiet hours start at 11 and everyone knows that. Apparently they failed to let me know about quiet hours, and with most people out on balconies and in the pool, there was no quiet section. We left that night and drove home. They obviously only cater to the party type of vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family