“Beach front Good value”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Tennessee
“Beach front Good value”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Good value for beach front hotel. 3rd floor has wonderful view of beach. Nice pool. Family owned hotel quite with everything you need at the beach. Nothing grand about the rooms except the view and the sound of the waves.

Room Tip: 3rd floor great view
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank greenblock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Walkertown, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My family has been staying at the Oceaneer Motel for many years as this is the best and most affordable motel in Carolina Beach. You can see the beach from any room you stay in at the motel. We have stayed in both suites, and they have a lot of room for the kids to play separately from the adults. All of the appliances are in great condition as we were able to cook family meals.

We have also stayed on the third floor in the 2 bed rooms and have enjoyed these rooms as well.

The swimming pool is just right for the kids and adults as the deep-end is 8' while the shallow end is 3'. There is plenty of room for the guests to swim in the pool.

Reservations are easy to make. The staff and cleaning crew are very nice. They always remember each one of us when we arrive at the motel. There are not many places to go where you can receive this type of service.

The motel is on the beach, and you have a short board walk way straight to the beach which is never crowded.

My family would not stay in any other motel in Carolina Beach. The Oceaneer Motel is the place to stay!!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor (rooms 325, 326, and 327) are the best rooms as you can sit outside you...
2 Thank KSJ10021965
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I don't know why some people give bad reviews..but for the price you paid this is not bad. I loved it, I enjoyed my stay. I'm not picky if the door has a dent or the paint at the corner of the wall is peeled off. I really don't care. I'm there to have fun, not to look at every corner of the hotel for something bad. I'm looking at the beach from my hotel patio, taking pictures, etc... Front desk staffs are friendly, talk to you with a smile on their face. They have really nice Pool that Open till 10 or 11 I believe. The room were cleaned by the time I came back from Breakfast, had fresh towels etc...My next trip to NC Beach I surly will book this hotel for my stay.

Room Tip: view= 3rd and 2nd floor easy access to pool, vending machine, Ice Machine, and parking lot= ground...
2 Thank Cindy3644
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The Oceaneer is not a fancy place; it's a family place. I'm 70 years old now, and this hotel reminds me of my youth days at the beach. Beachfront, reasonably priced, nice pool...a family run establishment, and the service is so EXCELLENT. You got a problem? They'll fix it with a smile. You got questions? You'll get honest answers.

I stayed here in July 2013 with my daughter and my 2 grandchildren, ages 9 and 11. Lots of families stay here...but things never get out of hand or too noisy. The staff is respectful, as are the guests.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are next to the pool. Quiet after 10pm. All rooms are easy walk out to the beac...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank carolinanorte
Reidsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We have been staying at the Oceaneer for several years now and have never had a bad experience. The rooms and grounds are always clean! The manager, Sharon, and the rest of the staff will go out of their way to help you in any way they can. They are always respectful and polite. If you're looking for a quiet, family orientated place to stay for a relaxing time with good people, the Oceaneer is the best!!

1 Thank J N
Liberty, NC
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed here for the first time 8/2 -8/4. The motel was quiet, which surprised us since it was full. The room, lobby, and pool area were very well kept. Everything was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. I have to admit that I was concerned that the motel would not live up to the reviews that I had read. I must say it far surpassed our expectations. Our family agrees we are looking forward to our next stay at the Oceaneer.

Room Tip: Was on the ground floor. We didn't hear the people walking above us.
2 Thank Barbara H
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I just read the review from Amy and in awe. Our family has stayed here for 7 years and new had an issue. Family being from great-grandmother down to great-grandchild ages ranging from 6-84 and totaling 14 people. The manager is absolutely the most polite reasonable office manager I have ever experienced. All the staff goes out of their way to ensure all guests are happy and treated fairly. Our family has never had an issue with noise, partying, quiet hours, 'drunk staff'. Pricing is absolutely on key for this area. Rooms are absolutely on key with the pricing. Location is awesome. If you are looking for a private secluded lodging facility this is not the place. If you are looking for a 'Hilton' this is not the place. If you are looking for a well maintained, go above ad beyond staff, family oriented place, then this IS the place! ☀☕

• Stayed August 2013