“Great Location, Superior service, Extra Clean”
Review of The Savannah Inn

The Savannah Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I don't typically leave a review when I travel but after spending one of the best beach weekends I've ever had at The Savannah Inn, I felt more than compelled to this time.
As you pull up to the Inn, the first thing you notice is how charming it is. Located directly on its own stretch of beach, adorned with many covered country porches to view the surrounding landscape, it feels like home away from home. The rooms are extra clean, and the bed was super comfortable. I've stayed in much more expensive 'brand name' hotels that weren't nearly as accommodating or comfortable as The Savannah Inn.
The location of the Inn is one of its best features. Far enough removed that its quiet and quaint, but just a few short blocks from more entertainment and great food than you could ask for. I had the good luck of being able to be there the weekend that a beach music festival was held, made for an amazing day at the beach. On the note of the beach, it was not over crowded at all, plenty of space to spread out and enjoy the sun and sand.
Overall if you are looking for a good clean comfortable room, in a place where you can stay quiet and relax or go dance the night away, The Savannah Inn has what you're looking for. Definitely will return to this hotel!

Room Tip: I had a wonderful room with a kitchenette. Absolutely loved it! Being able to make some coffee and a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Debby A
Susan28428, Owner at The Savannah Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

You were fortunate to be here during the Beach Music Festival, that was a busy weekend!! Glad you enjoyed the great bed and the efficiency kitchen in your room, not to mention the remote-controlled air conditioner! We are blessed to be located within walking distance to everything that Carolina Beach has to offer, and it's nice to know that you enjoyed all of the areas amenities. We look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Reviewed 20 June 2013

My family and I just got back from Carolina Beach. We wanted to have a very relaxing vacation and get away from our very busy work schedules... YEP it was time to kick back and get back to what was important to us as parents... our children. So we ventured from our crazy schedules in Canada and did a bit of reseach before ending up at Carolina Beach. We selected the Savannah Inn because a very good friend of mine recommended it.

I must say we had a wonderful time at the Savannah Inn. This place is located right on the beach. No its not super fancy but it is super clean and right on the beach. The first night we arrived we were promptly greeted and given our room key. No line up- no fuss. We unpacked and got a bite to eat then ventured around the area. Very nice. It is like a little seascape getaway.. Pelicans, boats, barefeet and super friendly people.

The hotel owners Susan and Sam were so friendly and accomodating. They informed us of places they liked to frequent for lunch or dinner and we were not dissappointed with their selections. Our room had a mini kitchen we made basic breakfasts and some lunches. The view from pretty much any of the rooms was so relaxing. After speaking to the owners we learned that they were new owners of a hotel that needed much love. They had replaced the pool, painted and made many other upgrades to this little Inn. I know that when we go again next year it will be even better. Even though work is hectic, I can keep this vacation in mind and know that I can visit again to just kick back and relax. It was just what we needed.

Thank you Susan and Sam for all the wonderful suggestions of places to eat and conversations. We will be back for sure!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MissTH

Thank you for the excellent review! We are flattered that you would come from Toronto, Canada to spend your vacation with us! That is certainly not a last minute get-away, it involves much planning. And we are also glad that you enjoyed our restaurant recommendations. We have great restaurants that serve excellent food in this area :) I am glad the kids enjoyed their stay and want to come back next year. You will be pleased when you return next year to see the work that we have done. See you next year!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

This was our first trip to the Savannah Inn and it was exactly what I pictured after hearing lots of good things from my parents for years. It is a quaint cozy beach vacation spot. The new owners were great, and even had our frozen over freezer defrosted an hour after we notified them. I would recomend staying here to anyone I know, like others have said it is not the most fancy of places, but that is what we loved most...it is cheap, very clean, comfortable and very convenient (walking distance to best doughnuts ever!!). We will be back again this summer I am sure!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iloveazureseas
Susan28428, Owner at The Savannah Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

We are really glad that you enjoyed your time here at The Savannah Inn. And I'm also glad we were able to fix your mini fridge so quickly for you. We are definitely a quaint, laid-back beach hotel and I am glad that you fit in comfortably here. We look forward to having you back to stay with us later this summer :)

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We came down from Philadelphia with families for a soccer tournament. Susan is the new owner and treated us wonderfully. Right on a nice beach. The rooms were all good and had kitchen, including refrigerator to boot. All good and useful. I left behind a favorite pair of shoes and Susan shipped them to me the next day! Wonderful service I appreciated. Good luck in your new venture Susan!

Room Tip: Just call them and tell them what you have in mind.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lschroederDresher

I am glad that you received your shoes so quickly! It was not any trouble to send them. Thank you for your great feedback. It was truly a pleasure hosting your group for the soccer tournament. Hopefully you can all come again next year. I am glad you enjoyed your time here at The Savannah Inn :)

Reviewed 31 May 2013

My (adult) daughter and I booked The Savannah Inn last minute for a girl's mid-week getaway. Booking was easy and the rate was fantastic. We were greeted warmly by the new owner and check-in was a breeze. Our room was right by the pool and only steps away from a very quiet and clean beach.

Everything we asked about or needed was quickly answered or attended to. Kitchen in our room was a plus at trying to save some money. Super clean, perfect size and quiet!

Will definitely return...oh, and if you are a cat lover, "Maggie" will quickly become your new best friend. She was a sweet addition to our evenings on the porch!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa B
Susan28428, Owner at The Savannah Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

"Maggie" definitely loves socializing with our guests! I am glad you enjoyed her visits, she is full of personality. I am glad that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. We are a very laid back and family-friendly hotel. We look forward to having you both stay with us again, and "Maggie" will be happy to have you return!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed for one night only, but it was a wonderful experience. The inn is old and has obviously been there for some time.-- so don't expect the latest in appliances or décor. However, very comfortable and economical for a beach vacation. The new owners are in the process of updating. Absolutely loved the location, and enjoyed the breezy porch for relaxing and enjoying the ocean view. Owner Susan and her partner Sam were very accommodating. I would definitely stay there again, and would love to spend a week there. Look for the Canadian flag! Owner Susan is from Canada!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gurgalina

Thank you for your review! I am glad that the Canadian flag was something that attracted you to the hotel. Many of our Canadian guests are drawn to the flag.... it's a little touch from home. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Hopefully you can come back and stay a little longer the next time, even though I know how long a trip that is from BC. Glad you made it back to the Pacific Northwest safely :)

Reviewed 15 May 2013

The Hotel was great so were the owners and the people they have working for them are great and I have never met such friendly people! We will be back to see you and it cannot come soon enough! Room was clean seconds from the beach minutes from all the fun of Carolina Beach!

Room Tip: If you want more room for storage go with the bigger room, we didnt spend much time in the room so i...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Veronica_M_13464
Susan28428, Owner at The Savannah Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

We have great staff and it's nice that you were able to chat with all of us. We are a pretty friendly bunch :) I'm glad that you enjoyed your vacation here with us. Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again.