“A hidden gem, and great value!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Savannah Inn

The Savannah Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“A hidden gem, and great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Just came home from a NC trip where I stayed the first segment at the Savannah Inn (8/12-8/15). I had found this spot after researching A TON on local hotels (go tripadvisor!) and making even more phone calls. This place exceeded my expectations, and is a great value as so many of the local hotels are major $$$$. I wish my entire trip would have been here! This place is so charming, and you absolutely cannot beat the location! The Savannah is not the Ritz, and if you are looking for the Ritz, why are you going to the beach in the first place? The Savannah has all the essentials, and an old fashioned resort charm perfect for townies looking for a much needed escape. With the inn/town's1950s beach resort vibe, its a great spot to relax. Even with the cable, WIFI, and other typical luxuries, I was able to somehow able to convert into a total beach-bum. I traveled alone and stayed in a King size room on the first floor. I found the room to be massive, everything to be in working order, and CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. I loved being so close to everything; 50 steps to the beach, and just a short walk to explore the shops/boardwalk in town. Susan and the staff are so welcoming and helpful! My trip started out a little rough (gotta love flight delays!) but my stay at the Inn definitely made it all better! I cannot wait to figure out when I can come back!

Room Tip: If Traveling alone, the first floor rooms are fantastic! As previously stated, parking can be tricky...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kelli j
Susan28428, Owner at The Savannah Inn, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
We are always so glad when our guests enjoy their stay here! I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable vacation with us. We work hard to ensure that everything is in working order, and that the rooms are clean. Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. Hopefully you can came and vacation with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bessemer City, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Just back home from the Savannah Inn. I took my 2 kids and my daughters friend for a mini-vacation. I would gladly give 5 stars except for 2 things- if you have a car larger than a Miata-parking will suck for you, if you call ahead and tell them you are handicapped, you'll get a 2nd floor room! Oh, I almost forgot--our AC could not cool the small (but adequate) room.

Room Tip: Get a room parallel to the shore. Private oceanfront decks and 2 doors! The perpendicular rooms aren...
1 Thank Trent C
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am always appreciative to hear our guests comments. It is true that parking here can be very tight, especially if guests have over-sized vehicles. Fortunately we do have overflow parking right across the street. Hopefully you were able to use that lot. Also, we apologize for the misunderstanding about being handicapped. Had we known that someone in your party was handicapped, we definitely would have made sure you had a first floor room. If you come back to stay with us, we will make sure you are on the first floor.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We loved our visit; a sweet little spot. Excellent value for the money. Clean rooms, comfy beds, good shower. Super close to the beach; so easy to set up our spot on the beach and run back to the room if we forgot something. Really nice swimming pool for when the kids were tired of being in the ocean. Felt really safe there too! Lovely porches with chairs, rocking chairs. Super nice owners. Easy walk to the boardwalk if that's your scene. We can't wait to come back!

2 Thank Jill108
Thank you for your feedback, and all of us here at The Savannah Inn are always very pleased when our guests enjoy their stay as much as you did. We look forward to seeing you here for your next vacation.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Great location few feet from the beach. Right next to the board walk. Super Clean rooms and non smoking which was great for Us. This was the best beach vacation and the Savannah Inn is the best place to go for family's, to have Clean rooms, a pool, ocean front rooms, right on the beach, and next to the board walk, the owner is really nice, as well as the staff. We are definitely coming back for our next vacation.

1 Thank NewBeginnings49463
Susan28428, Owner at The Savannah Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
And we look forward to seeing you for your next vacation!! Thank you for your feedback! We are all really glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Our location is excellent and close to everything! Thanks again for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay here with us :)
Teaberry, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great location, everything close by! views were great! staff was excellent!!! First time staying at Savannah Inn, will definitely be back! Staff were exceptional, very prompt, and had great over all attitudes when dealing with guest. Pool was very clean, as well as the rooms, just an overall great experience and plan on renting again in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floors have best view!
2 Thank TOOTS999
Susan28428, Owner at The Savannah Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! We strive to ensure that our guests have a great vacation when they come and stay with us, and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us :) And I am glad that you met our staff...they are all great people! :) See you the next time!
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I don't typically leave a review when I travel but after spending one of the best beach weekends I've ever had at The Savannah Inn, I felt more than compelled to this time.
As you pull up to the Inn, the first thing you notice is how charming it is. Located directly on its own stretch of beach, adorned with many covered country porches to view the surrounding landscape, it feels like home away from home. The rooms are extra clean, and the bed was super comfortable. I've stayed in much more expensive 'brand name' hotels that weren't nearly as accommodating or comfortable as The Savannah Inn.
The location of the Inn is one of its best features. Far enough removed that its quiet and quaint, but just a few short blocks from more entertainment and great food than you could ask for. I had the good luck of being able to be there the weekend that a beach music festival was held, made for an amazing day at the beach. On the note of the beach, it was not over crowded at all, plenty of space to spread out and enjoy the sun and sand.
Overall if you are looking for a good clean comfortable room, in a place where you can stay quiet and relax or go dance the night away, The Savannah Inn has what you're looking for. Definitely will return to this hotel!

Room Tip: I had a wonderful room with a kitchenette. Absolutely loved it! Being able to make some coffee and a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Debby A
Susan28428, Owner at The Savannah Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
You were fortunate to be here during the Beach Music Festival, that was a busy weekend!! Glad you enjoyed the great bed and the efficiency kitchen in your room, not to mention the remote-controlled air conditioner! We are blessed to be located within walking distance to everything that Carolina Beach has to offer, and it's nice to know that you enjoyed all of the areas amenities. We look forward to seeing you again soon :)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

My family and I just got back from Carolina Beach. We wanted to have a very relaxing vacation and get away from our very busy work schedules... YEP it was time to kick back and get back to what was important to us as parents... our children. So we ventured from our crazy schedules in Canada and did a bit of reseach before ending up at Carolina Beach. We selected the Savannah Inn because a very good friend of mine recommended it.

I must say we had a wonderful time at the Savannah Inn. This place is located right on the beach. No its not super fancy but it is super clean and right on the beach. The first night we arrived we were promptly greeted and given our room key. No line up- no fuss. We unpacked and got a bite to eat then ventured around the area. Very nice. It is like a little seascape getaway.. Pelicans, boats, barefeet and super friendly people.

The hotel owners Susan and Sam were so friendly and accomodating. They informed us of places they liked to frequent for lunch or dinner and we were not dissappointed with their selections. Our room had a mini kitchen we made basic breakfasts and some lunches. The view from pretty much any of the rooms was so relaxing. After speaking to the owners we learned that they were new owners of a hotel that needed much love. They had replaced the pool, painted and made many other upgrades to this little Inn. I know that when we go again next year it will be even better. Even though work is hectic, I can keep this vacation in mind and know that I can visit again to just kick back and relax. It was just what we needed.

Thank you Susan and Sam for all the wonderful suggestions of places to eat and conversations. We will be back for sure!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank MissTH
Susan28428, Owner at The Savannah Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for the excellent review! We are flattered that you would come from Toronto, Canada to spend your vacation with us! That is certainly not a last minute get-away, it involves much planning. And we are also glad that you enjoyed our restaurant recommendations. We have great restaurants that serve excellent food in this area :) I am glad the kids enjoyed their stay and want to come back next year. You will be pleased when you return next year to see the work that we have done. See you next year!