The Savannah Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Comfortable room, courteous service, and convenient location. Went down for a quick trip, and we were able to get a king room on the first floor. Easy access to the beach, and the owners made recommendations for local restaurants that served seafood.

Room Tip: Older hotel, does not have a fitness center or room service. Next time, will get a room on the seco...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Celeste J
Susan28428, Owner at The Savannah Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you were able to stay with us for part of your Spring Break. Glad you enjoyed your room, and our excellent location, as well as our courteous staff. We are also glad you enjoyed the great area restaurants. We hope to see you back again soon for another visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The customer service in the office at this hotel is horrible! New owners as of 2013 and I have never had to deal with such rude attitudes in my life! Had I not already paid for the room, I would NOT have stayed at this hotel. Rooms are ok, but overpriced. Location is good, that's about the only thing this place has going for it. And if you are told one thing over the phone, do not expect the same when you arrive in person. The owner conveniently wasn't available all weekend to speak with (she was partying on the back deck and laying out at the pool) even with me giving her my number and asking her to call me the next day, so that I didn't interrupt her partying, I did not get a call. Office help had a arguing battle with us. Terrible experience!!! Stay at the Dolphin Lane, NOT HERE!

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Warriormomof2

Of course, we are terribly upset to read your review. We are very sorry that your experience with us was so disappointing. We pride ourselves on customer service, so the experiences that you encountered during your stay are not typical of the Inn. I will speak to the manager on duty to determine how best to rectify these issues. We would encourage you to give the Inn another try.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

For the price, this place can't be beat. Some of the rooms are slightly outdated, but were clean and comfortable. The access to the beach and "downtown" Carolina Beach is great. The new owners are very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the Inn's proximity to all that Carolina Beach has to offer, and our private beach access. Thanks for noticing our cleanliness and friendly staff. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were confused by the 5 star ratings...it was okay but not more than that. And travelers might be agreeable to that but they should know it up front. The Inn was in a good location...not in the middle of things but close enough to walk to many locations and an easy drive to other attractions. It has beach access and our 2nd floor room (in the building parallel to the ocean) had an ocean view from our balcony. I don't know if some rooms had been renovated but our room was worn and outdated...seriously worn but I will leave out the list. Only the bed to sit on. And the whole place seemed nice enough overall but similarly worn when viewed close up. Also on the plus side, the bed was comfortable, the staff was nice, it seemed reasonably clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy33g

Thank you for your honest review. The main building of the Inn, that you stayed in was originally built in the late 1950's so we are definitely an older beach hotel. We are constantly updating and renovating our property, and trying to improve it as much as we can. We are glad that you enjoyed our central location, and your ocean views, and noticed our cleanliness and friendly staff. We hope to see you back for a visit again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The building is older but definitely worth the money. Very happy overall. Bed was super comfy. View was great within walking distance to bars and restaurants. Very cozy room. Oh and a fluffy cat that lives there! Lol

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank jennywhy
Susan28428, Owner at The Savannah Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your review! I'm glad that you found the room, and your bed comfortable and cozy! And it sounds like you met Mocha, our cat. We look forward to seeing you again soon:)

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the first time last weekend. We could not have been happier with our accomadations. The room was very clean and the staff was very kind and helpful to meet any need or answer any question that we had. We have stayed in other local motels/hotels at Carolina Beach and I must say that The Savannah Inn went over and beyond my expectations and I am very picky about where I lay my head at night!!!!! We will definitely be staying here again soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Candy A

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at The Savannah Inn. I am glad that your visit to the beach was a success! It's nice to hear that you are particular about where you stay, and that we exceeded your expectations. It's also nice to hear that you will be coming back to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I had a 2nd floor room overlooking the beach/ocean and loved the sights and sounds. The room with a king size bed was small but comfortable, efficient and clean. The frig was great for our many restaurant leftovers (great restaurants nearby). The private balcony was perfect for playing cards while listening to the surf - very relaxing. Working with Susan, the owner, was very nice. And the price for an oceanfront room was the best I found on the beach.

Room Tip: Choose the 2nd floor for a view of the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve W
Susan28428, Owner at The Savannah Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. I personally review all of our guests comments. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We try hard to make our guests experiences enjoyable. Rates at this time of year are very affordable so hopefully you will come back and stay with us in the off-season the next time as well.