“What a Fantastic place for Dinner !”
Review of Deck House

Deck House
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We serve some of the most delicious and fresh seafood and handcut steaks around. Come in to try one of our great wines or cocktails and if you are unsure of what to get a friend or family for a gift, our Gift Certificates will always make people happy! We do not accept reservations, however we do have a spacious full service bar for you to wait in if a table is not available right away.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I must say, I am a little late getting to this review. First, the location could not be better. You can walk to the beautiful building from most of CB. It has a very welcoming and warm atmosphere from the second you get on the property and step in the the restaurant. The staff from the hostesses to the waitstaff are very professional an genuinely friendly and warm.

Being solo, I ate at the very comfortable and upscale bar and was served by a very attentive bartender/ server. His recommendation of the Rib-eye was on point. The steak was fabulous and nearly as excellent as the shrimp cocktail appetizer I had. I'm very picky when it come to steak and it was cooked to a perfect med rare and was a great cut of beef. Not easy to find. The side was perfectly sauteed fresh seasoned vegetables. I just could have been happier with the meal and whole experience. Oh, the Blue cheese dressing was off the hook. I'm sure homemade.

Towards the end of my meal the manager Victoria stopped by to chat and make sure everything was good. Good??It was great! Not sure who owns the place, but someone knows how to hire and truly make an emphasis on the customer experience. I'll see you soon Deck House with my wife.

Deck H, General Manager at Deck House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Chris S, Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to write about your dinner with us at The Deck House! Feedback about your dining experience helps us in so many ways. We truly hope you will return to eat with us again, have a wonderful summer! Victoria B., General Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2014

A group of us went to this place on our first night in town - after late flights and a long drive. We were tired. But good food will wake you up every time and this place brings it. Although I normally go for the fresh fish served very simply, I went for fried oysters and loved them. Cooked at the perfect temp, they weren't at all greasy and retained some of the oyster texture I love. The wine selection was great. Others enjoyed reasonably priced lobster and other great dishes. The place has a nice ambiance.

1  Thank Denise K

Thank you so much Denise for your review of our restaurant! I am so happy that we were able to accommodate you and your group after your trip. We truly love to make our customers happy, thank you again and we hope to have you back in the future! -Victoria B., General Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Beautiful glass of wine to accompany my Grouper Nuggets then pair that with an end cut of the best Prime Rib you ever put in your mouth!! Wow. I'm getting hungry writing this!! The management and staff are always a job. My wife and I simply love our get aways to this beautiful restaurant!!!

1  Thank Kure_beach
Deck H, General Manager at Deck House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Kure_beach, Thanks for your kind review, we always hope to make our guests rave about dinner when they leave! Thanks for letting us know how we are doing. Serving up a killer glass of wine and a fabulous cut of prime rib is a goal met for us. We hope when you reach our neck of the woods again, that you come back in so we can wine and dine you to your heart (and stomach's!) content! Happy New Year, Victoria B., General Manager

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We dined here on a Friday night during the local Christmas Parade. The restaurant is in an old church and has a nice feel. Not overly loud, but not too quiet. I had the grouper with crab which was delicious. The grouper chowder was also very tasty. This is a bit more upscale than most beach restaurants. My only request to the management: get real glasses. The food, prices and general ambiance of the place deserves better than faded out plastic Pepsi glasses. I will eat here again.

1  Thank nctraveller58

nctraveller58, Thanks so much for choosing us to have dinner! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed all of your food! The grouper special is such a huge fan favorite here. Also, thank you very much for mentioning the water glasses. Changing from the plastic pepsi tumblers to glasses is something that we've given a lot of thought. Currently, we have a logistical problem with storing the amount of glasses that we would need to serve the restaurant as they cannot be stored the same way our plastic ones are. As soon as we solve that problem of enough storage room, we hope to make the switch, however I do not know exactly when that will be. Thank you again for your feedback, we take advantage of it to learn what we can do better. Have a fantastic New Year! Victoria B., General Manager

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We have been visiting Carolina Beach for many years now and the Deck House is always a high lite of our visit. The food is always good and the service is great. I have never had a bad experience at the Deck House. If you are going to Carolina Beach, NC you must check out this restaurant.

1  Thank coastal4me

Dear coastal4me, We LOVE earning guests who return year after year with their friends and families. It is the ultimate compliment to be the highlight of someones visit to Carolina Beach with all the great choices there are here on the beach. If we (management and staff) have not had the chance to meet you and your friends/family personally, I would love to! Thank you for letting the public know that we have been a staple of your visits to Carolina Beach, it's something we would like to be for everyone that comes through our doors. Have a very Happy New Year. Victoria B., General Manager