“Edible but.....”

Deck House
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We serve some of the most delicious and fresh seafood and handcut steaks around. Come in to try one of our great wines or cocktails and if you are unsure of what to get a friend or family for a gift, our Gift Certificates will always make people happy! We do not accept reservations, however we do have a spacious full service bar for you to wait in if a table is not available right away.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Edible but not worth the money. Pretty skimpy serving size for the price. Restaurant was also very dark.

Deck H, General Manager at Deck House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Judy P, Thank you for taking a few minutes to write about your review. I am so sorry that we weren't able to make a great impression on your while you were here. We do our best to provide the best quality of food and balance that with the cost. Compared to other restaurants in our area, we are one of the few that provides an option of a homemade chowder or salad and a side item WITH the meal. Most other full service restaurants on the island do not provide that with the entree, it is an extra cost. I hope you will return and maybe find something else on our menu that makes you a fan of our restaurant. Thank you again for leaving us a review, we do read and consider each one that is written. Victoria B., General Manager

Reviewed 21 April 2014

One of the best on my island.the peppercorn crusted tuna is great, apps r all special. We eat at the bar,class act wine list. Great atmosphere

Michael K, Thanks for your review! We love getting feedback on our menu, food and service! Thank you for taking some time to do that! I am so happy that you like our wine list...we will be keeping our 1/2 bottles of wine deal (every Wednesday!) going through the summer. I hope you get the chance to take advantage of that deal sometime, and maybe try something out of the norm! Have a wonderful summer! Victoria B., General Manager

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I love this place because my husband can get a great reasonably price Filet or a Burger and I can get fresh fish, etc. They have some exceptional entrees unique to them. My favorite combines Scallops, Shrimp & pasta. Service is always great. Since the bar went non-smoking, I always love to start there. We've lived here for 14 years. Our complaint is only the crowds in the summer !

Charles S, We are so happy that you love dining with us, we are truly glad to have our local regulars that take care of us! And who can resist that Seafood Pasta with the shrimp and scallops!? It is delectable if I do say so myself! Thank you for being a loyal customer for so many years, we do appreciate your business. I know the crowds are huge in the summer, but if you do brave the crowds to visit us, we would be happy to have you! Thank you again, Victoria B., General Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Not a great view since it is in town, but the food is excellent, they do a good job taking care of you, and parking is generally pretty easy. A good place to take someone who is visiting.

Thanks bgins for taking a few minutes to let other know about our restaurant. We appreciate you recommending us, and we always welcome our island regulars and our visiting tourists! Thank you again and cheers to a great summer! Victoria B., General Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2014

After a 6 hour Sunday drive into town from northern VA, we were pushing dinner time with our 17 month old. We grabbed the keys to the rental house and while I unloaded the car my wife was in charge of dinner. The Deck House was a top 5 TA spot, and even better we didn't have to drive!

There was a 15 minute wait, but that was no problem. As we waited outside a lot of people walked by and in (must have had reservations) dressed nice, so I felt very under-dressed in a tee shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes that I had just driven in. But once inside it was no big deal as I wasn't the only one. This is a beach town, so casual works almost always.

They sat us and the hostess mentioned that our waiter was a little "overbooked" and she was going to get our drinks. I really appreciated being informed up front, and she was quick with our drinks and bread to tide over little one. Our server came over, explained the specials, and took our order. The ceaser salad, grouper chowder, and kids pasta came out pretty quick. All were very good, ceaser was crisp and cold. The grouper chowder was Very good, my wife had to take it away from me, she ordered it but I took a lot more than the "taste".

I just ordered the ahi tuna app to go with my Ceaser and it was good. My mom had the Almond Encrusted Salmon, and it was amazing! Perfectly cooked with a nice, crisp outer coating and a really good (not too heavy) lemon beurre blanc sauce. My wife had the shrimp and grits, which was also good. She really liked the kielbasa added in, I enjoyed "bites" of the grit cakes.

We wanted dessert but they had sold out of Key Lime Pie, and we were full anyways, so we opted against anything else. They said it was really good and they make it fresh, and should have more by the end of the week. Hopefully we can go back just to get a piece to go.

Would definitely go back and recommend it to friends. For 3 glasses of wine, 1 big beer, 2 entrees, 1 kids meal, and an appetizer our total with 20% was just over $100.

BareTruth0827, thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to be able to take care of our guests and make sure that they are comfortable. The details you provided in your review help us to reinforce the practices that keep our guests happy! We hope you will dine with us again soon! Victoria B., General Manager