“Old property but has charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dolphin Lane Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Dolphin Lane Motel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Freedom, Pennsylvania
“Old property but has charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Came down with my son, daughter in-law, grand daughter and a friend. We rented a two bedroom efficiency for the weekend then moved to a one bedroom efficiency after the kids left and my friend and I stayed for the rest of the week. The rooms were clean, the kitchen a very nice size in both rooms. The beds were hard. Very hard. But all I had to do was say something and the staff who were very nice, hooked us up with different mattresses. The pool was nice and we also had beach access right on the property. The rooms were extremely affordable especially being located ocean front. Not the Taj Mahal, definitely a little outdated, but for the money, it can't be beat.

Room Tip: If you want to see the ocean you should probably take a second floor room ocean front. If you want...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Rooms were okay. Pictures looked way better then how they looked in person. appliance needed updating and beds where really hard. the linens where stained and had several burn holes in the sheets. trash can was right beside our room so we where constantly killing flies!! Had to wear shoes at all times, floors turn feet/socks black. We had two hotel rooms and problems where the same. Staff are very nice however We wont be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mestisa4life

Travellers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

Madison, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

CLEARLY,since the last review of the dolphin lane the management has improved ALOT of things.I stayed at this motel with my husband and 3 children in june of this year(Father's day weekend) and we were thrilled!! The management was so friendly,the rooms were amazing the bathrooms were clean there was even a vacum in our room to get up the sand (I loved that!)The price was fantastic,The rest of the staff (maids and maintence) were so kind and helpful and got us anything we needed.Plenty of CLEAN towels,wash cloths ect.BOTH tv's worked great!The WIFI worked great.The pool was clean.From reading all of these other reviews I have seen that they have definetly got better as I said my family was very pleased with dolphin lane therefore every trip from now on will be spent at this motel!♥'d IT!!
**The only downside is yes the parking is still bad but you can manage its not like you have to park in the street.**

**FYI~~There were NO bugs at Dolpin Lane either,Now if you would like to see bugs visit the sea witch resturant down the street or the oceanier motel, There you WILL find bugs (;

Room Tip: Any room is great now,however if traveling I would recommend NOT visiting the SEA WITCH resturant I...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank BackwoodzBarbie
Lima, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We've been staying here since it was formerly King's. We now live up north and still stay here when we go to NC. Yes, it's an older property and the parking situation needs improvement, but it's a relatively quiet place and is oceanfront. We always pay extra for an oceanfront room because we like the view from our room and balcony. We've never had a cleanliness issue there. When we were there in April, it was very clean and smelled of bleach. Is it fancy? No, but it serves it's purpose.We spend minimal time in our room anyway. As far as bugs, it's the south--no matter what you do, you're going to have bugs at some point. The pool was very clean and the property/parking lot was kept clean. If you have a larger group, stay across the street in the apartment. We have also stayed their many times.Plenty of room and just a few extra steps to the beach.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for an oceanfront room/suite if you enjoy a room with a view. Check out Jack Mackeral...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

The place was nasty. The beds are hard as bricks. Motel help was rude.An to top it off they made us leave because my 18 month old baby was crying. THAT PLACE IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!! My wife used a towel to clean up a mess an they tried to make us pay for it .

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ccivicman8
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here alot. I love it. They are so nice and friendly. Good location. My husband and I love staying here. Already making plans to go back soon! Wouldn't stay any where else! Love dophin lane motel!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank tbbwjb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

My family and i have been coming to dolphin lane for years! The staff is so friendly & the owner is amazing as well! We have never had complaints! The only thing we have ever had to do ourselves is get extra TP or a towel. I love this place. We usually stay in the duplex or the brick duplex. They are both very nice!

• Stayed August 2012