“Carolina's Nicest Freindly's Motel @ Carolina Beach”
Review of Dolphin Lane Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Dolphin Lane Motel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband & I stayed there last week.. My husband & his friend "The Callaway's", had plans for a fishing trip for "Spring break" for the friends kids, they all love to go fishing there. but I have to say yes I read some of old reviews and yes I almost stayed at home thinking of it but Our friend had told us, it was very clean for our families and don't worry what people think or say. We they were right.. I went in checked out 3 different rooms, the Co owner gave us a great deal on the room with full kitchen and complete bathroom services.. These rooms had big beds with very cozy beds with fat fluffy pillows.. just like mine at home.. really NO JOKING !! floors very clean and I had told the Lady what I had seen on reviews.. Her & husband had just bought and had painted all floors with latest fashions, carpet was brand new, curtains and etc.. WIFI was great signal awesome.. and Yes we will stay there again in the fall..<3 Thanks Again for taking care of Us !!! See You guys soon..

Room Tip: They have houses for larger families there also..
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank rhonda m

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Yes the place is kind of dated,but we stay here four or five times a year.You are within walking distance of everything.Prices are great in or out of season Get an ocean view room they are quieter and the sunrises and sunsets are wonderful.

Room Tip: Upper floor is best,less traffic past your room,great views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lifer2014
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here this summer and the kitchen sink was leaking in the floor. When we opened the cabinet door under the sink, it was covered with black mold!! Had a hard time getting moved to another room and when we requested a refund the owner was VERY UPSET with us. Black mold is a terrible health hazard. They may have gotten it taken care of by now but we won't be staying there again!!

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Sydsyl
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed four days... The staff was very friendly and accommodated all our needs.... Our room was clean... The layout was great... Our private balcony overlooking the ocean was awesome.... Our room was very cozy.. and the kitchen had everything we needed... The motel is located within walking distance to everything.... We will definatly come back.. every year... If you're looking for the ritz... Go to the ritz... If you're looking for a great affordable very laid back place to stay, I absolutely recommend the dolphin lane!!!! Thankyou for a great stay!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank stillaferrari
Reviewed 3 October 2013

These two people were great. David carried my heavy cooler up the steps for me. The room service was excellent, every day. Where can you get ice for $1.50 a bag. You can at the Motel. The refrigerator was new. The flat screen TV had a beautiful picture. The bed was very comfortable. Everything was to our satisfaction and more. My wife and I had never stayed at the Motel before. We will definitely go back. Everything is within walking distance. My stay was from Sept. 27th till Oct. 1st. We even decided to stay an extra night we liked it so much. Ocean view is great. We stayed in room 120. I have traveled the world as a retired Military man. If it wasn't good I would be the 1st. to tell you! Don't listen to allot of negative talk about the Motel, it's not true. Most people that cut it down are trying to get the rooms for nothing, or have never stayed in Motels. I have stayed in some dumps while spending 28 yrs. in the Army. Most Americans are so spoiled that they think your can get the Hilton for $90.00 a night. You want!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in the Ocean front rooms, you'll be glad. The views are great on the second floor!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lscoggins
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Beds are old and dirty, couldn't even sit down on inside chairs they were so Nasty we had to use the outside chairs, carpet is so dirty it turns your feet black so had to keep flip flops on. Bed linens were old and worn out, bedspreads didn't look very clean. We stayed in the building across the street I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!
Definitely won't stay there again! :(

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Skysunn
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Came down with my son, daughter in-law, grand daughter and a friend. We rented a two bedroom efficiency for the weekend then moved to a one bedroom efficiency after the kids left and my friend and I stayed for the rest of the week. The rooms were clean, the kitchen a very nice size in both rooms. The beds were hard. Very hard. But all I had to do was say something and the staff who were very nice, hooked us up with different mattresses. The pool was nice and we also had beach access right on the property. The rooms were extremely affordable especially being located ocean front. Not the Taj Mahal, definitely a little outdated, but for the money, it can't be beat.

Room Tip: If you want to see the ocean you should probably take a second floor room ocean front. If you want...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family