“Friendly and great customer service.”
Review of Dolphin Lane Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Dolphin Lane Motel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

the room we stayed in was great. I found the owners and employees to be very friendly and accomodating.i upgraded my room for fair price . I found the other guests to be friendly as well. The boardwalk was only two blocks away. I am looking forward for a return trip.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Michele S

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The motel is 50 years old. My cousins and I came to reminisce the Carolina Beach Days. It has been 45 years. The motel was still there, but under a new name. Upon arrival, we found the owner, David to be very helpful and attentive with any questions that we had. The staff was great. The room was clean and met our needs. Enjoyed the pool , great view of the beach and short walk to the boardwalk .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank guy s
Reviewed 1 July 2014

On the con side, I ask the lady if the rooms across the street were the same as the ones on the beach side. She said the only difference was the building was older. So to save a few bucks I booked the room across the street. When we entered that room I was in shock as to how bad it was. I went to the office and was lucky they a room available on the beach side, but I did have to pay $25 more a night for a side room. On the pro side, everyone was very friendly and we had no problem with them. David was very nice and even let us park our motorcycle under the cover across the street. The room was nothing to brag about but we didn't mind staying there. You do have to buy ice. They have no ice machine.

Room Tip: Do not book a motel room across the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shlawson
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed at the dolphin lane motel seen cockroaches at 4am!!! The cleaning lady smokes while cleaning the room but it's a "non-smoking" motel. She also doesn't even clean the room properly there was old food stuck on the mattress and it was never touched. Carpet turned my feet black. I couldn't even enjoy being outside because I had perverts a few doors down who would try and talk to me when I would sit out. Parking is awful!! You only get one parking space per room which is ridiculous! They do not allow pets but the staff have pets that's crazy! The pool is nasty and all you see is sand dunes. They should be charging like 50$ a night not 120+ and also hire new cleaning staff because they do not know how to clean and also they're very unprofessional! I will never stay here again and I will tell all my friends and family to never stay here! Spend a little extra so you can have a sanitary room and a nice vacation! I showered three times after I got home because I felt so disgusting!

• Stayed: May 2014
11  Thank Debbiegazel
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I called and made reservations for this hotel and talked with a boy - told him what we wanted and offered to give him my credit card to hold the rooms - his exact words to me were "No need - I have you in the book and if they need the card they will call you tomorrow" - I offered several times to give him my credit card and each time he said no. This was on Wednesday night. When we arrive on Saturday to check in the lady said that since we did not give a credit card they did not hold our rooms - I had room numbers and everything and she refused - said they were booked. This is HORRIBLE customer service - they need to train their employees better - because of this we had to pay considerably more per night which forced us to not do everything we wanted because we didn't have the extra cash. I will never go there again and will tell everyone we know to never stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband & I stayed there last week.. My husband & his friend "The Callaway's", had plans for a fishing trip for "Spring break" for the friends kids, they all love to go fishing there. but I have to say yes I read some of old reviews and yes I almost stayed at home thinking of it but Our friend had told us, it was very clean for our families and don't worry what people think or say. We they were right.. I went in checked out 3 different rooms, the Co owner gave us a great deal on the room with full kitchen and complete bathroom services.. These rooms had big beds with very cozy beds with fat fluffy pillows.. just like mine at home.. really NO JOKING !! floors very clean and I had told the Lady what I had seen on reviews.. Her & husband had just bought and had painted all floors with latest fashions, carpet was brand new, curtains and etc.. WIFI was great signal awesome.. and Yes we will stay there again in the fall..<3 Thanks Again for taking care of Us !!! See You guys soon..

Room Tip: They have houses for larger families there also..
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank rhonda m
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Yes the place is kind of dated,but we stay here four or five times a year.You are within walking distance of everything.Prices are great in or out of season Get an ocean view room they are quieter and the sunrises and sunsets are wonderful.

Room Tip: Upper floor is best,less traffic past your room,great views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple