“Can't wait for June”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

We eat here every year that we go to Kure beach, best seafood around and the portions are big. Heading back to Kure beach in June and looking forward to a few more great meals and those awsume hush puppies! See you all soon!

1  Thank Crab5
There are newer reviews for Bowmans at the Beach

Reviewed 17 December 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed eating there numerous times in nov. 2011 however we went back in oct. 2012 and was very disappointed in the food. We only ate there once and for the last time. We all got sick from their food. The food was unfit to eat. It looked and tasted old like it was rewarmed. It took the delivery person less than 10 mintues to bring our food to our room. Its suppose to be freshly cooked seafood not possible in that time. Therefore it had to be rewarmed. We both had severe diareah and vomiting. Never again. Sorry but we have to mark you off our list bowman's.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Great food, good people, locally owned & operated...Only things is the prices are a bit high for where your at, but other than that? No issues

Reviewed 2 December 2012

My husband, myself, 3 year old daughter and my newborn went for the first time... our first and last time. Our waitress was rude to all of us. And mostly her twisted humor. She was making jokes that none of us thought were funny. She also kept saying my 3 year old was jealous of the new baby just bc my daughter knows good character and didnt like her and didnt want to color with her. My husband made a few comments to her and she backed off. So this was by far the worse experience ever. I dont want someone else to have a bad time, we shouldnt have to. In my opinion... i would go anywhere but here. Other than service, we had the breaded shrimp and it tasted just like the oil it was fried in. Very much overly priced. To my guess, the good reviews on here are from the staff there so they will not lose their jobs.

1  Thank nofarmsnofood
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

This is a local seafood joint, but we always have the BBQ!! It can be ordered as a sandwich or a plate. My husband and I always get the sandwich with cole slaw on the side, a basket of fresh tater tots and a basket of hush puppies. Even with drinks our bill is under $20! You can't beat that for dinner out at the beach! And btw, the hush puppies are AMAZING!! The atmosphere is very casual and relaxed.