“Keep coming back”

Beacon House Inn Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We love the cottage cause we can buy a few groceries and make lunch and breakfast, the weather was wonderful for walking on the beach. We are older folk and just enjoy doing our own thing and the cottages give us that experience. The view out the bedroom and kitchen windows is very peaceful and there were flowers still blooming. Very friendly and competent staff , will continue to pick this B and B for our beach vacations. They shared some of their excellent coffee with us.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the inn and loved the whirlpool Suite
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

The weather wasn't what we hoped for on our trip but this B&B was worth the ride. Very nice innkeepers, very comfortable bed! Great coffee was available as soon as I left my room and breakfast was shortly after. Another comment mentioned there is no view of the ocean however on the second floor balcony there are two rocking chairs placed strategically so you CAN see the ocean. Technically speaking.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We enjoy B&Bs and were delighted to find this gem right across the street from beach access. Heather was very friendly and accommodating, and Mike's cooking was wonderful! They also have some fun, interesting life stories to share. Breakfast (complete with gourmet coffee options) was served in a sunny room with individual tables, allowing for socialization with a little privacy. The big front porch was perfect for reading and relaxing after a day in the sun. Our room (Spring Garden) was a little small, but nicely decorated and comfortable. The common area offered TV and a little more room to spread out.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We went back again just for 1 night this weekend and stayed in the Travelers Room. Had a great time, had drinks on the front porch with the others guests and the owners, everyone was so nice and welcoming! The owners Mike & Heather are great & so much fun! We will definitely be back as soon as we can!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I cannot speak highly enough about this place and it's owners. I loved every part of my stay. I was in town for a wedding and stayed 4 days at this little delight. I do frequent B&B whenever budget and circumstance allows me. So glad I did this time. Sure, there are cheaper places near by but none that you can call HOME.
One of the first things I noticed was my towels smelled like fabric softener. Not bleach, but that fresh out of the dryer smell. I stayed on the first floor in a pink country-side decorated room. It was spacious and warm. I spent my mornings drinking coffee on the front porch and my afternoons having some wine with my new B&B friends.
If you're a late sleeper then request a room upstairs because the morning kitchen activities might wake you up. I didn't mind because, like HOME, it was the smell of coffee and morning banter that gets you out of bed.
This place is a great place to stay. New-ish owners are a fun and personal couple that treat everyone like family. I've stayed in B&B before where I never saw the owners other than them serving me toast. Not the case here. With an open floor plan you interact with the crew and the other guest as you await the most amazing breakfast of your life. That's right, THE MOST AMAZING BREAKFAST OF YOUR LIFE. Cook & Owner Mike is a huge Food Channel fan and everyday he makes for you all those recipes you wish you had the time & energy to prepare. It's like everyday is Mother's Day or your birthday.
I could go on but here are some facts: Place was very clean. Not a touch of mildew in the joint. Good, considering the humidity of NC. I imagine a few things are outdated thru out the rooms. It is an old boarding house (1940s I think) but the new owners are slowly making their touches when they can. There is plenty of seating on the bottom & top verandas for reading and chilling.
There are small refrigerators on each floor for guest to use and coffee starts brewing at 7am. If Mike is in a baking mood then there is also some fresh morsel laid out for you to pick on thru out the day. I had Banana bread. Yum.
There is no ocean view. The beach is across the street but thanks to all the new condo/ rental units that bought up the shore line, you can't see it. A beach access path is just 30' away.
There is parking but I imagine it can get full during peak season. The boardwalk with shops is about 1mile walk down the street.
I would recommend this place to everyone I meet. Ha! As you can tell I loved my stay. I loved Mike & Heather and I am sure you will too.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
BeaconHouseInnkeeper, Owner at Beacon House Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words Kim. It was great meeting you and very glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes, we do love our food around here. Cooking is one of our passions and we look forward to developing more breakfast dishes for your next visit. We enjoy socializing with all of our guests and glad we got a change to visit with you and share some wine on the front porch. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Our family of three stayed at Cottage 2 at the Beacon House Inn. We stayed for a long weekend and it was wonderful! The cottage is quaint, cozy, equipped and VERY clean. We brought our dog along "Buster" and it was great having him with us. Heather and Mike (owners) are very helpful and so pleasant. Overall it was a great trip and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ingrid G
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Beacon House for a long weekend following a business trip in Wilmington. We had a great time. The room was great, the breakfasts even better and the hospitality was over the top.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the house.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple