Surfside Lodge
US$144
Golden Sands(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$180
Drifters Reef Hotel(Carolina Beach)
US$163
US$155
US$236
Hampton.com
US$192
Courtyard
Drydock Motel(Carolina Beach)
US$112
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$191
SeaWitch Motel(Carolina Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsocean frontwithin walking distancesecond hometreated like familybeach hotelfull sizevisiting carolina beachclean roomslocation is greatamusement parkfamily vacationlove this placebrendaboardwalkstovemaintenancerates
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family stayed at the Surfside Lodge. It was clean and nice , recently painted and fixed up I guess. The appliances ( fridge) and microwave were a bit old but worked well. We greatly enjoyed the ocean view . It was a delightful experience overall. Staff was super nice, courteous. We will stay at this place again for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are better, render a secure feeling.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank G M
crown142, Owner at Surfside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate the nice comments on our staff and cleanliness of the hotels. We look forward to your next visit. Barry Eagle

Reviewed 2 March 2014

older but very comfortable loved the room on the end with views from the side and the front will definitly will stay there again walking distance of good restaurants baclony view of the ocean employees very helpful beach wide and nice for fishing

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Terrie L
crown142, Owner at Surfside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for the kind review. So glad you enjoyed the property and the great views. Also, thank you for the nice comments on the staff. We hope you will get a chance to visit again real soon. Barry Eagle

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We spent an awesome New Year's Eve and New Years Day at The Surfside Motor Lodge in Carolina Beach NC. It is a great place to stay. Its right on the main strip in Carolina Beach, ocean front. The rooms are very nice sized so your never too cramped up and they are very neat and clean. I am very picky about hotels and where I stay and I always love to go there over and over again. I have been visiting the Surfside for about five years now and I always am very comfortable when making my reservations because The Manager Brenda and her staff always make sure that I get just the room that I am looking for and they go out of their way to make my stay great. Any concerns or needs that I have they are quick to respond to. They are all also very good to give information about the area and tourist attractions etc. I just can't say enough good things about The Surfside. I guess the fact that I have been doing there for five years and plan to continue to go there year after years says it all for me!!! Will be making my spring and summer travel plans with them very soon!!! Don't take my word, go check them out for yourself and I bet you, you will feel the same way!

Room Tip: I personally love room 36. It has two queen beds with a full kitchen and private ocean front balcony. Great view of the ocean too.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Michelle S

Dear Michelle, Thank you for the great review. So glad to read that you are a loyal customer of ours. Brenda and her team do an outstanding job. We look forward to your next visit. Barry Eagle

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here for a weekend of fishing. The rooms were nice and clean. The rate was really good also. The hotel is oceanfront but you can't see the ocean. You do have to walk to over the dunes to see the ocean. But that is understandable. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kimberly W
crown142, Owner at Surfside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you for the kind review. Hope you enjoyed your fishing. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit. Barry Eagle

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed @ Surfside Motor Lodge for 2 nights in July... it was a last minute spontaneous beach trip (we didn't expect it to be of reputable hotel quality). The woman that I spoke with when we booked was more than friendly and the front desk gentleman was very kind as well.

We booked 2 rooms (one for another couple)... we paid each $150/night. I suppose given that it was in season AND weekend, and the place had beach access it was a typical/average MO-tel. When we walked into our room, it was definitely cool (air conditioning was good), but I immediately stripped the bed of its comforter. We went to our cars to get our own blankets to use. The bed only had sheets and their comforter.

There was a chair right inside the door that looked as if there was every last type of bodily fluid or colonies of bacteria growing on it... we automatically kept that off limits. The bathroom was kind of clean, but I noticed some hair behind the toilet and pubic-looking hair on the TP holder. Due to the fact of our first impression, we made SURE to keep flip-flops next to our bed to wear in case we had to use the restroom in the middle of the night...

Plusses: full sized refrigerator, access to beach, pool was clean and refreshing, close for walking distance to boardwalk and restaurants and friendly staff.

I do feel that for the quality of our rooms, the price was WAY too high, but we do understand that its the going rate for any motel on the oceanfront. Given that everything is outdated, there are some definite upgrades needed. However, I understand that some of their clientele may prevent them from spending more money on new things just to have them get trashed again. From what we saw (maybe it was just that weekend) it was the redneck riviera (Carolina Beach in its entirety). We definitely discovered that nightlife consists of a LOT of young lower 20-s girls and boys that set out to get wasted every night.

One may ask, "well did you go complain?" Honestly, no. What were they going to do about it? I knew that they wouldn't budge on the price. Even if they offered to have their housekeeper come clean some things in the bathroom, I had my own Clorox wipes and took care of it. I didn't want to come across as a witchy guest that appeared stuck up and crazy. Like I said, we kind of expected less than pretty and understood that we were just paying for a place to sleep that was on the ocean.. we of course didn't spend much time in our rooms. But, the whole point of this review is to be honest.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sullivan92112

Thank you for the review. I will speak to our management to determine why your room wasn't cleaned according to our standards. Our rooms do need updating. We are in the process of updating all furniture, entry doors, sliding glass doors and window treatments. The hotel is an older mom and pop hotel and we have been doing our best to upgrade the property due to the poor condition it was in when we took over. I appreciate your feedback. Barry Eagle