All reviewsocean frontwithin walking distancemanager brendasecond homebeach hotela great place to staygirls weekendclean roomsenjoyed my stayamusement parkfamily vacationboardwalkstoveratesporchcarnivalfireworks
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Besides being clean and in a great location (walking distance to dining and entertainment), the staff was very accommodating. Expedia overbooked their lodge, but the manager got us a nice room anyway.

Room Tip: Lesson learned for me was to call the hotel to confirm my room.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald T
crown142, Owner at Surfside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

So glad to read we were able to accommodate you. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again in the near future. Barry Eagle

Reviewed 17 August 2015

I am currently staying at Surfside and I am impressed with the price of the room that is literally one minute from the beach. I am staying in an interior room and it is very small but its exactly what I wanted. Surprisingly, it had a full sized refrigerator and a stove! Clean is always my gauge for deciding whether to come back and I will definitely return. Staff was VERY accommodating and friendly. The night guard was making rounds to ensure safety of guests!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Delighted62

Thank you for the kind review. So glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Barry Eagle

Reviewed 14 August 2015

Our room was amazing. Had a full kitchen. Had lots of room to cook and wash dishes. Bathroom was great as well had enough room to do everything. Beds where nice. We slept great. The beach was a few steps away. The pool was nice and big and CLEAN. The room was very nice and CLEAN as well. My family had a great time. Cant wait to go back next year. If you are looking for a nice room for the family here is your place. We wont be going any where else. O and on thursday nights you can watch fireworks from your room. Hope you enjoy like we did.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason D
crown142, Owner at Surfside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Thank you for the kind review. Glad to read you enjoyed your room and your stay. We look forward to your next stay and appreciate your business. Barry Eagle

Reviewed 10 August 2015

There are several things to recommend this place. It’s got a great location, steps from the beach, near the Boardwalk and Britts. Good restaurants are within walking distance. The towels were fluffy. I did not spot a single cockroach. The second-floor deck was a nice place to hang out and have a drink.

But there is no point in mincing words. This place, at least the room we stayed in on my birthday weekend, was a dump. Why? Well, the room was tiny. It lacked things like a towel rack, a chair, a toilet paper dispenser and a soap dish in the shower. The bathroom sink was actually located outside the bathroom. The bathroom was so small and cramped we had to sit on the toilet sidesaddle. We had to stand on the bed to adjust the air conditioner. If you are expecting an ice dispenser, sorry, no dice. There is a convenience store up the street where you can buy a bag of ice. The room had a coffee maker and a microwave for no apparent reason, since the power cords ended several inches short of the electrical outlet. You can get coffee at the same convenience store. Obviously, the price of this place was at the low end. And as an old friend once told me: buy cheap, get cheap.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulbrad2015

It appears that you may have been put into one of our interior rooms which still need updating. We will be addressing these rooms in the off season. I apologize it didn't meet your expectations. We do try to discount these rooms as they are in need of updating. I would be more than happy to speak with you concerning your stay. Barry Eagle, 910-509-1707.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Water ran down our walls during a rainstorm. The shower was disgusting. Room was small, smelled bad, and needed major work. We tried to change rooms but the other choice had no air conditioning. The kicker was when we complained about the water running in, the desk clerk said he knew about it and had told the owners, who apparently chose to do nothing and still chose to put people in the room. Clearly they do not care about the comfort or health of their guests.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RoyalHaciendasOwner

We did know about the leak in the room. The room was to be put out of order so I will find out why we were renting it. We are replacing our entire roof this week to repair the leak issues. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss your stay and what we can do to offer some concessions for your inconvenience. Barry Eagle, 910-509-1707