“Best burritos in the Triangle!”

Carrburritos Taqueria
Ranked #12 of 76 Restaurants in Carrboro
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I think this, and Vimalas, are the best places to eat in Chapel Hill. Carrburritos is a great combination of amazing food, cool atmosphere, and nice location. Parking can be a little challenging, but all the more reason to bike, walk, or bus!

I wish they stayed open on Sundays, and I hope they use organic ingredients, non-GMO corn, things like that. A lot of places won't because customers won't change their purchasing habits over it, but I hope Carrburritos does it anyway since I think it's safe to say their clientele would appreciate it more than most.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Whenever I am in the Carrborro/Chapel Hill area, I try to make it to Carrburritos. The service is always great, the food is always fresh and the atmosphere is wonderful. They have lots of choices for vegan or vegetarian burritos/tacos and at least 4 different salsas to choose from - usually at least one that is fruity/spicy. They also have several different meat choices, including chorizo (YUM). They also have a several selections for beer - domestic and some traditional Mexican choices. Chips are fresh and they have a great outdoor patio with umbrellas and plants to help set the low-key mood. Definitely worth a trip and while you're there, take a walk around Carrboro and visit some of the other places around - It's a wonderful place to be!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We moved to Carrboro a few weeks ago and have been to Carrburritos twice already. The nachos are ENORMOUS and absolutely delicious and the burritos are extremely delicious and filling. Each burrito comes with a side of chips and your choise of salsa which is a really nice addition. The chips are phenomenal and all four of the salsas we have tried were great. Specifically the fruit salsa and the chipotle salsa. Additionally, the meat is cooked well and the ingredients are fresh. And all for a VERY reasonable price! While it's certainly not fancy, I highly recommend checking our Carrburritos if you're looking for an inexpensive, filling, delicious meal!

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Definitely some pretty tasty food! I love the flour tortillas. Wish they would add some high chairs because its very hard to eat with kids and haul a stroller in there!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We have eaten here a few times when we visit the Chapel Hill/Carrboro area. I have always enjoyed the burritos, and really like the chips and the homemade salsas. I will say that most recently I decided to try the shredded beef tacos and was disappointed. The meat was bland and not hot; the cheese did not melt in my tacos. I'd stick with the burritos and with the chicken, veggie or potato fillings. Also they had imported drinks from Mexico, including coke in a glass bottle with real sugar.