Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Carrboro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Franklin(Chapel Hill)
View Hotel
The Carolina Inn(Chapel Hill)
  • Restaurant
Chapel Hill InnTown(Chapel Hill)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Aloft Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Chapel Hill University Inn(Chapel Hill)
View Hotel
Courtyard Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationhickory taverncat's cradleunc campusfranklin streetwithin walking distanceparking garageking suitecomplimentary breakfastnice amenitiesrestaurants and barsbreakfast staffcookieswonderful hotelthe breakfast areathe general managerfire pit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel was located in a great area, accessible to local bars and restaurants and an easy drive to UNC Health Center. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The hotel was recently opened for business. Parking was conveniently located in the adjacent parking garage for a $5 charge.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Clean room. Comfortable bedding, mattress, and pillows. Plenty of fresh, clean towels. Friendly and efficient front desk staff. Complimentary breakfast good but not great. Good value for the money. Stayed there for a conference and would gladly stay again for business or pleasure when in the Carrboro or Chapel Hill area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Excellent hotel. Traveled with a business group. We all had very nice rooms ( Plenty of room), very nice breakfasts, and also the front desk had snacks and drinks available. Would positivly stay here on a return trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel is new, so very clean and fresh. I prefer Hampton Inn's that are completely smoke free as this one is, so that was what sold me on it. Upon arrival GPS indicated that the hotel was on the left, but no visible sign. Maybe a city ordinance prevents an adequate sign? We passed it twice. And coming from our direction there is no place to turn in. The lobby does not face the road, so you are really unsure it is a hotel. Front desk folks were great! They did not explain well how to get to our room from the parking garage. It took a few tries to get them to explain that well. We were given a ticket to put on our dash and told to park on the 4th or 5th floor of the parking garage. NO ONE mentioned a $5.00 a day fee for this. Until we left and saw it on our bill. For that price we should be able to park on the ground level. So to explain, you go up the elevator to your room and then if you need something from your car, you come down the elevator, out the lobby exit, to the parking garage, up the elevator to your car (garage elevator was under repair several times while we were there, meaning a 5 story walk) then repeat in reverse back to your room. Location is great for walking to restaurants, ice cream and shopping. But if you have valuables you don't wish to leave in the room, since there is no safe, you must go through this process to put items in your car. I really didn't want to carry around my camera and I-pad, so we had to do this several times. A safe added to the room would be a great addition. There also is no refrigerator or microwave in the room. For a room at that price and not being able to bring leftovers back to the room, it made the trip a bit more costly. It reveals it self more as Hilton than a Hampton Inn. Upon arriving home I realized my confirmation said free parking. It took a bit of contacting a few people, but the manager, Kevin, was kind enough to refund parking. I am giving the hotel a 4 because I rate cleanliness and a true nonsmoking hotel very high on my list. But adding a safe and frig to the rooms, and negotiating a parking contract, giving guests free parking would be a huge plus considering the cost of the room.

Room Tip: Considering the walk to the car, I would choose a ground floor room at this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Went to Chapel Hill for a football game. Found this hotel that had just opened and was close enough to the stadium. The price was a little high, but I figured since it was walking distance and had breakfast it was worth it. A few hiccups in checking in probably due to the hotel being new I excused, but when we asked them for directions to the restaurant and they sent us in the opposite directions, I got a little peeved. The air circulation in the room though was horrible. Our room went from hot to cold. When the system wasn't on the room also got super stuffy. It was as if the system was from the 80s, even though it was brand new. Hopefully they get the kinks fixed, but if not won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kevin R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Carrboro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Karen R,

Thank you for your most recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate you bringing the issues you had to our attention which will allow us the opportunity to correct going forward. The AC system we use in our rooms is a energy efficient system. I apologize the system didn't recognize you occupying the room so it could remain at the setting you were comfortable with. I will be certain to pass this along to my maintenance staff so we can correct the issue going forward.

Again thank you for staying with us and I do apologize for the issues you experienced. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

Kind Regards,