Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Carrboro
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carrboro
Fort Lauderdale, United States
“Wow!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This Hampton is outstanding - thoroughly new, beautifully modern, with suites that are extremely generous. My favorite Hampton in the entire chain! If you're looking to experience UNC life with easy access to the campus and local fare, this is a great location.

1 Thank John J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I loved my stay at this Hampton Inn! We only stay at Hampton Inn when we travel because it is the best brand out there (they really want you to make yourself at home). The lobby was open, sleek and inviting. Really fancy compared to our expectations. The check in staff was great. We went to our 5th floor room and it was clean and really nice. Standard Hampton Inn bedding, a 42" LCD TV (most places have 32") and Neutrogena soaps and lotions. The toilet scared me a little when I flushed it, it was really high powered. The first night we stayed the room was really hot. Once we figured out how to change the settings on the Air Conditioner it was nice and comfortable in our room. Never heard any noise at night, and the Boston College Track Team was staying here for their meet at UNC Chapel Hill (this hotel is right on campus, too). I loved my stay and will be back soon!

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was my first stay with Hampton and I was very happy with the service. A+, will definitely stay there again. Location is great too. Room was clean, new and well sized, breakfast was good and staff were helpful. Room service would have been nice as I got in late, but the front desk was able to connect me with a restaurant that was open. Again, great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

New Kensington, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The staff was wonderful, the hotel was beautiful and the room was very clean and comfortable. In addition, the hot breakfast was very good. The breakfast staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. One staff member even gave suggestions for apartment complexes we should visit.

Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel is overall very good - great location, nice amenities, helpful staff. However, the fact that housekeeping staff failed to completely clean the shower (i.e. did not remove the soap and washcloth in shower from the previous guest) was rather off-putting.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I booked this hotel because I thought the location would be a close walk to the campus of UNC Chapel Hill. It turned out to be a bit further than I was expecting. We ended up driving to the campus in the morning and parking in the Rams Head Deck parking ramp which was fine since they had a special rate for the admitted student event. The hotel itself is very nice and the breakfast was really good--typical for a hotel complimentary breakfast buffet. The coffee was very good. The beds were comfy and the room was clean.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We arrived at this hotel with plenty of time for dinner the day before a wedding. For the price I thought this hotel was perfect for us, we could walk everywhere we wanted and it had a good sports type of bar attached. The hotel is new, had a nice views from the top floors and a very nice bathroom. I would stay here again for the money, it was perfect. The Hampton breakfast is basic but works if your not expecting service or personal food choices.
My only complaint would be the noise level at night, I will cut the hotel some slack being that it's in a college town and had two weddings during our stay.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor to reduce noise.