“Hampton Inn, Carbo/Chapel Hill, North Carolina” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Carrboro

Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Carrboro
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carrboro
Austin, United States
“Hampton Inn, Carbo/Chapel Hill, North Carolina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I usually DO NOT write reviews. However this hotel is exceptional in Customer Service. Wonderful experience & down-home sweet staff. So very kind & helpful. Especially LOVED the Complimentary Breakfast options & the staff was superb. Kudos to Michelle & Jesus:-)) Customer is always right at this hotel. Thank you Hampton Inn, Carbo/Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

In town for business and everything was 1st class from check in to when I departed...will definitely stay again when back in the area. Location was a big plus as well, everything you need is right there and makes for a real convenience. Finally, I must say that I slept fantastic and that is always 1 of the most important keys for myself for any place I stay during my travels.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Bathroom linen were soiled upon arrival and although bathroom was cleaned daily, remnants of the same debris were visible everyday. Staff could have been more attentive. While awaiting check-in, I wasn’t acknowledged for several minutes even though two attendants without customers were behind the desk. I was eventually told by a clerk “that he would be right with me” (I give him credit for later taking time to assist with directions). Location good for walking to restaurants and shops.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Karen M
Kevin R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Carrboro, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Karen M,

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your stay at our hotel in regards to our service and linen. I appreciate your taking the time in completing a survey on Trip Advisor which is the first step towards improvement of our services. I can assure you that your concerns have not gone unnoticed and has prompted us to look into these issues.

The Hampton Inn & Suites is committed to providing our guest with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance.

If you do find yourself visiting the area again please feel free to email or call me directly so I can ensure the quality of service and accommodations our hotel has to offer.

Kind Regards,

Kevin Rooney
919-969-6988
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

How refreshing to be able to walk-in, check-in and relax after a long drive. Lovely area of a town, close to many things to do. I felt very comfortable being alone and had no worries about safety. The amenities at the hotel were great, loved the 2nd floor pool area and the gym was clean and had a great row of windows to see out and not feel enclosed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank 593cathleenn
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This Hampton Inn looks brand new and actually a bit hard to find due to a lack of big sign. It is in a great area with shops and restaurants in walking distance.

Since it is new, it is well designed and in great condition. My only two complaints:

1) rude front desk staff. The woman working was not at all welcoming or even polite when I checked in, and maybe said 10 words in my whole interaction. I later called about problems with the wifi and it took many, many rings before she answered and she was rude on the phone.

2) no coffee shop or espresso drinks in the lobby. Yeah I'm probably spoiled, but I like a latte in the AM more than regular coffee.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Bobcharli,

Thank you for your most recent stay and your review of our hotel. I am sorry that my front desk staff did not give you the level of service that you expect from Hampton Inn & Suites. We strive for superior service and accommodations and I am truly sorry that we fell short on your most recent stay. Your comments will assist in our training to become a top notch hotel.

We do offer coffee in the lobby 24 hours but as you said unfortunately it is not of a coffee shop variety. My staff would be happy to suggest a few options that are within walking distance if you should decide to stay with us again.

Again thank you for your comments.

Kevin Rooney
stamford CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Still looks brand new, clean and spacious room and bathroom, comfortable beds. Huge lobby and top notch free breakfast, large exercise room with treadmills, elliptically, etc. Parking is five dollars in garage, on fourth/fifth floors. Hotel is easy walk to Carrboro restaurants, including Acme, very good; about a twenty minute walk to UNC campus as hotel is on Carrboro/Chapel Hill border. This Hampton is much closer than the Chapel Hill location, which is close to Durham border.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! We were visiting from SC to see the band Haim at cats cradle. It's next door! Walking distance to dinner at Lantern. With
Convenient parking and beautiful new rooms!!
It was a perfect and we will be back soon!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrboro
The Franklin
Aloft Chapel Hill
Aloft Chapel Hill
#10 of 17 in Chapel Hill
The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Carrboro? Share your experiences!