See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We just wanted to get away for one night. We looked for places close to Sanford, NC. Lo and behold - The Old Buggy Inn in Carthage. This is a restored Victorian home with only four rooms for rent. But they are all nicely appointed. We were welcomed upon arrival and given a brief tour of the home. After settling in we were provided with a "snack" of shrimp cocktail, cheese wedges and a glass of wine. Our hostess then provided us with a list of restaurants in the area [including copies of their menus]. The breakfast was outstanding. If you just want to get away for one night [or more] - don't overlook this one!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We had a nice little get away at this B&B. The house was decorated beautifully with old pictures and themed rooms. The bed was so comfortable--I want it! The manager was super friendly and an excellent chef. We had wine and snacks while she gave us restaurant suggestions, and when we returned from dinner she had made us homemade chocolate chip cookies that were delicious. We were asked in advance the time we preferred breakfast and when we came down the next morning, coffee was ready and breakfast was being prepared. It was so gourmet and fabulous, I asked for recipes. The only negative for me was her two dogs that needed some TLC and one kept trying to lick our feet so maybe they could be out of site when guests are there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GloriousDay2Day
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Like Tony the Tiger said...Gr...Gr.. Great!!! What a lovely place. Beds are outstanding and so comfortable. Rooms are darling. Food is out of this world! the innkeeper, Pat, should write a cookbook, she is amazing with food preparation. She is also knowledgeable about the area and very helpful finding everything you are in the area to search for. For no other reason, go and enjoy the beautiful Victorian home, the touches of class, the absolutely lovely settings she does each morning. When you are ready to leave you want to give her a hug as she has become your friend and you are sad to leave!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joyce H
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband and I spent the first night of our honeymoon at the Old Buggy Inn several years ago, and we enjoyed it. We recently returned for our anniversary and fell in love with the place once again. Pat, the proprietress, was not the owner when we were there the first time, yet she has improved on an already wonderful place. The atmosphere was peaceful and welcoming and our bedroom was comfortable and cozy (The Milner's Room). The food was outstanding! She prepared evening hors deuvres...a delicious bruschetta dip. Then breakfast was so good. Fresh fruit with homemade Greek yogurt, freshly squeezed juice, baked frittata, bacon that was out of this world. Pat is a gourmet cook! she also had menus of local restaurants and we chose two which were great. The cost at the B&B was reasonable. We surely got our money's worth. We have plans to return around Christmas.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuleeM
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I recently spent two lovely nights at The Old Buggy Inn and was was like stepping back into the Victorian era. The owner, Pat, is a delightful hostess and a great cook. The breakfast menus were wonderful and the silver and china service was made it even more special. I was attending my granddaughter's high school graduation and having the inn to relax in between events and parties was a blessing. I stayed in the Garden Room and felt like a queen on the wonderfully comfortable bed with its elegant linens. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience and highly recommend it. I have traveled to many places in the world and the Old Buggy is now in my top ten accommodations list!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family