“Love this Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Cary
NC
“Love this Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2010

While I will admit that the other reviewers are correct about the inept front desk staff, I still love the rooms at this hotel! Staying there was a very restful experience, the rooms are lovely and sparkling clean! The hotel is located in a beautiful wooded area, but still close to restaurants and shopping!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2009

Husband and I reserved room three months in advance-very dull front desk clerk told us we did not have a reservation (when we came to desk to ask initially if we could check in early). I was quite upset and finally asked clerk if there was a room available as we just flew in for a wedding (that had reserved rooms for the familyl of the bride). Clerk told me "no rooms available-there is a wedding" -begged her to check again and she finally found our reservation.
we returned and husband went to front desk to check in-clerk told him she could not check him in as room was under my name(I have hyphenated name due to being a doctor). I then had to come in person back to front desk-silly in itself.
When I came back later to check in at 'correct time' another lady in line ahead of me asked about room availablity- the clerk told her there were 4 rooms available.
I proceeded to ask her why she told me there were no rooms available-she denied saying this. i was very frustrated and told her so.
When my husband and i checked into room, manager called to ask me what happened at front desk. i told him about incident and instead of apologizing he actually seemed to be upset with me," Highly unprofessional.
Have stayed at other Hilton Homewood Hotels with exmeplary service and fantastic management-i even have written to compliment the Hilton in Wisconsin where i stayed for 2 weeks-they could give lessons to the management and staff in N,Carolina..
Too bad because hotel itself appears nicely maintained..

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

Booked 4 rooms 2 months in advance for my daughter's wedding. Tried several times to get the rooms as close as possible. especially mine and my daughterss. The rooms were opposite sides of the hotel, I spoke with management for some thing better. Response, We did the best we could. What was the hotel doing for 2 months? Please "BEWARE" of promises made on the phone. They could care less once you arrive. Additionally, the breakfast was mediocre at best and the free dinner was mediocre
as well both was buffett style

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Birmingham,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

Stayed here for a wedding ( not at the hotel ). Were in a suite which had a separate living area with settee and TV, there was also a small kitchen . The bed was enormous and very comfortable. Staff were lovely, especially the ones helping at breakfast who were very loud ! the swimming pool was a good size although many of the loungers were broken. Luckily it was not too crowded so wasn't a problem. Seemed to be a good location for getting round the area, close to the airport and major roads.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2009

I spent two nights at this hotel in the latter part of January. I was attending a business meeting here.

First, the hotel is going through a major renovation, with an upgrading of the suites. they are putting in new furniture, including the Hilton style of mattresses. Each suite also has flat screen TV's.

My only peeve is that with upgraded TV's they don't offer digital TV signals, but only the old fashioned analog signal.

You are served breakfast each day, with an excellent selection including eggs. I like Corned Beef Hash for a change, and that was offered.

Monday thru Thursday they have a managers reception with a main dish, and beer and wine.

One other amenity available, is that the hotel will provide pick up and shuttle service to local restaurants, some of which are excellent.

You enter the hotel by going ove a covered bridge, and this being the winter, there was a roaring fire going in the lobby fireplace.

Obtaining internet access is simple, and you don't need a pesky password.

• Liked — Nice and out of the mainstream
  • Disliked — Staff is not responsive at times
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank hhiguy
MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2008

I have been a loyal customer of this Chain of hotels and in particular the Cary Homewood Suites for 4 years. During my last stay I was shocked at the state of the rooms ( missing remotes that will not be replaced untill you call 3 times in 2 days, fridge not making ice, window rushing in rain water, in addition to the service of the front desk. When I asked for a 1 hour late check out @ 11:00 AM, the front desk manager said OK but we will charge you an additional full night rate! and she would not change her mind for a 4 year customer, which made us rush out of the hotel without even taking showers.
Complaining to their so called customer assistance did not even produce an apology.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank khouryby
Shrewsbury, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2008

The Hotel was beautiful !! When we arrived after a 15 hour trip, we where told that our room was not available. Trust me I was not very happy about that !! But, they told me that they would put me in a bigger suite for less money. I was totally shocked!! I am not use to Hotels going out of their way to help out. The room was more than we expected. We had two big bedrooms, a kitchen, 2 bathrooms (can't believe it) and a decent size living room. All with 3 flat screen TV's, the kids loved it !! The only problem we had was there was a softball tournament in the city and there was 4 teams booked in our hotel. Rule number one. Always call ahead to see if there is a group booked to stay there during your time. The adults where very rude and loud during our entire stay. The police had been called 3 times in a matter of days. But, this staff went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. They sent us a gift basket to apologize and also deducted a huge amount of our bill at the end of our stay. They should have all been given a huge raise after dealing with that crowd. My family and I looking into buying real estate in that area in the future, so we have many more trips to make to Cary and we will always stay at this hotel. Of course after we call !!

• Liked — The beds where incredible
  • Disliked — Big crowd booked the same time
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family