“Worst Service ever! Anything but your Home away from Home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Worst Service ever! Anything but your Home away from Home”
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I've been using this hotel for the past 6 years and I will not stay here again. This stay was for nearly three weeks.

Upon my arrival I had a conflict with the room rate and a published promotional rate. Hotel Management was unwilling to honor published promotional rate which is good until December 2010.

I left my tooth brush at home and asked the front desk if they could help me. "NO" was the answer. Two days in a row I heard “We have toothpaste but no brushes for you to BUY" Wow thanks for welcoming me back "Home" what a joke!

Its 90+ on the weekend so why not head out to the lake. I asked the front desk for a pool towel for the beach at 9:15am and they told me I couldn't have a towel until 10am when the pool opens. I insisted I must have a pool towel to avoid soiling the room towels. In an unpleasant tone the front desk instructed me to use the room towels. Well now their beautiful soft white towels are orange.

One good thing is the Hilton furnishing are a good quality. The bed and pillows are nice.

In the end Poor food quality and selection combined with horrible service makes the Homewood Suites anything but your Home away from Home. What a shame.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
bakebaker, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, 21 June 2010
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. We understand that business travel is very important, therefore we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Bake Baker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
gulf breeze, fl
Reviewed 13 May 2010

Upon check in, I walked into the kitchenette of our two bedroom suite and slipped. It was like the floor had been cleaned with pledge. I placed a towel down and warned my family. My daughter slipped, and I slipped again, falling badly. I called the front desk, they came back and cleaned, but it did not help.
Asked for a pack n play. We got one, without sheets. Asked for sheets, and they gave me regular bed sheets. Moms, you know that regular bed sheets on a pack n play presents suffocaiton issues, which I informed the front desk of. No response. Not even a word.
Our room was right next to the pool, like directly in front of it with a door leading out. Upon check in, I told the clerk that this was probably too close to the pool for a family with two kids under 2 noise wise. She said the hotel was booked and she would be happy to check me out. LITERALLY, those were her first words. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO CHECK YOU OUT.
Let's go straight to 1am, when I am awakened by my two children awake and crying. I see shadows outside of my window, and loud shouting. I look out, and there is a full blown adult party, complete with drunk men STANDING ON COOLERS literally 5 feet from my window. I call the front desk, I hear someone yelling to SHUT UP after I complain. No improvement in noise. I call again, no response. After a half hour, I call the front desk, tell them that the next step will be me calling the police and my husband going out to shut down the party in his boxers. They finally shut it down. No sleep for me.
Let me tell you that the next day, I called the same clerk and asked for the manager. "I am the manager." I decided to call it quits as there was no desire to make me happy or make it up to me. Even though on the TV at the hotel, there is something called the suite guarantee, where if you are not happy your stay is free. Garbage. I am not happy. and we paid over 400 bucks a night for two nights for the worst stay I have ever had. I would rather stay in a budget motel and get what I pay for than to throw my money down the tubes to be treated like I do not matter by the staff MANAGER. Poorly done. This hotel lost the loyalty of my family and company after this stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
NC
Reviewed 2 April 2010

While I will admit that the other reviewers are correct about the inept front desk staff, I still love the rooms at this hotel! Staying there was a very restful experience, the rooms are lovely and sparkling clean! The hotel is located in a beautiful wooded area, but still close to restaurants and shopping!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Husband and I reserved room three months in advance-very dull front desk clerk told us we did not have a reservation (when we came to desk to ask initially if we could check in early). I was quite upset and finally asked clerk if there was a room available as we just flew in for a wedding (that had reserved rooms for the familyl of the bride). Clerk told me "no rooms available-there is a wedding" -begged her to check again and she finally found our reservation.
we returned and husband went to front desk to check in-clerk told him she could not check him in as room was under my name(I have hyphenated name due to being a doctor). I then had to come in person back to front desk-silly in itself.
When I came back later to check in at 'correct time' another lady in line ahead of me asked about room availablity- the clerk told her there were 4 rooms available.
I proceeded to ask her why she told me there were no rooms available-she denied saying this. i was very frustrated and told her so.
When my husband and i checked into room, manager called to ask me what happened at front desk. i told him about incident and instead of apologizing he actually seemed to be upset with me," Highly unprofessional.
Have stayed at other Hilton Homewood Hotels with exmeplary service and fantastic management-i even have written to compliment the Hilton in Wisconsin where i stayed for 2 weeks-they could give lessons to the management and staff in N,Carolina..
Too bad because hotel itself appears nicely maintained..

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Booked 4 rooms 2 months in advance for my daughter's wedding. Tried several times to get the rooms as close as possible. especially mine and my daughterss. The rooms were opposite sides of the hotel, I spoke with management for some thing better. Response, We did the best we could. What was the hotel doing for 2 months? Please "BEWARE" of promises made on the phone. They could care less once you arrive. Additionally, the breakfast was mediocre at best and the free dinner was mediocre
as well both was buffett style

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Birmingham,
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Stayed here for a wedding ( not at the hotel ). Were in a suite which had a separate living area with settee and TV, there was also a small kitchen . The bed was enormous and very comfortable. Staff were lovely, especially the ones helping at breakfast who were very loud ! the swimming pool was a good size although many of the loungers were broken. Luckily it was not too crowded so wasn't a problem. Seemed to be a good location for getting round the area, close to the airport and major roads.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 February 2009

I spent two nights at this hotel in the latter part of January. I was attending a business meeting here.

First, the hotel is going through a major renovation, with an upgrading of the suites. they are putting in new furniture, including the Hilton style of mattresses. Each suite also has flat screen TV's.

My only peeve is that with upgraded TV's they don't offer digital TV signals, but only the old fashioned analog signal.

You are served breakfast each day, with an excellent selection including eggs. I like Corned Beef Hash for a change, and that was offered.

Monday thru Thursday they have a managers reception with a main dish, and beer and wine.

One other amenity available, is that the hotel will provide pick up and shuttle service to local restaurants, some of which are excellent.

You enter the hotel by going ove a covered bridge, and this being the winter, there was a roaring fire going in the lobby fireplace.

Obtaining internet access is simple, and you don't need a pesky password.

• Liked — Nice and out of the mainstream
  • Disliked — Staff is not responsive at times
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hhiguy