“Second stay”

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Swannanoa, North Carolina
“Second stay”
Reviewed 15 March 2011

My family and I stayed here to visit with family. This is our second stay here. I will have to say that it was just as nice as the first stay. The hotel is very nice and clean. The staff that we dealt with were all very nice. Espically the girl that was there when we checked out. I had taken off my wedding rings and my grandmothers ring in the room before we left and they got left in the room. The girl at the front desk was very kind and helpful for letting back in the room to find my rings in the room. I really did appreciate that.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank leonardsbabe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Indiana
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We stay here frequently when we're in the area because they are pet friendly. We have asked for the same room the past two stays because it's so convenient for taking the dog outside. Staff is welcoming and helpful. Nice breakfast although it's always the same every day and in a 6 day stay gets to be a bit repetitive. Hotel looks like it could do with a little updating. Bed pillows lumpy and heating unit noisy as well as hard to control--either chilly or too hot. However, when travelling with a pet, I can't find anywhere else in the area I'd rather stay at. We were there over Christmas holiday and this is the emptiest I've ever seen the place. Also had a 7 inch snow but all staff showed up and even some snow removal done although parking lot is connected to other areas and very icy in the morning. Snow fairly rare in the area usually. WIsh I'd remembered to pack a bathing suit. Pool and hot tub looked really inviting with snow covering everything outside. And with so few people staying, it was empty. Hubby was happy with the fitness center.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carocross61
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 October 2010

just perfect, well so far....we havent been to breakfast yet
very friendly and fast check in, we reserved 4 rooms and requested adjoining and close together.....both requets were met
nice little pool, rooms are great, very spacy, our room has very large bathroom
definitely will be coming back for our over-nighters to the area

• Stayed October 2010
Sykesville, Maryland
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I stay at a lot of hotels and this one is by far the best one for the dollar. I can't say enough about this place. Rooms clean, great breakfast, outstanding staff.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank bt1958
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Staff friendly and helpful, room cleanliness decent. Other than that, nothing good to say. Facilities aging and a bit ratty. No AC in elevators is seriously low-rent. Indoor pool is tiny and way over clorinated. Beds too soft, towels thin and scratchy. At least two busloads of children's sports teams meant kids running up and down hallways and swarming like locusts at breakfast buffet, which was truly appaling. I won't be going back.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank alankk
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2010

The room was beyond our expectations. It was large and extremely nice. We stayed on the first floor and had a view of the woods. There was a microwave and a fridge as well as a small sink by them. There was also a couch in the room. Free WIFI. Flat screen TV. Lots of channels and HBO. The hotel was full with a couple of groups but was still quiet at night. The staff was pleasant. Free parking on site.
Excellent quality towels. Plenty of supermarkets and Trader Joe's with a couple miles.
The bed was on the soft side for us. If you like a harder bed then you might want to check and see if they have any before you book a room. The pool is quite small. The breakfast was your standard hotel fare (cereal, breads, microwaveable biscuits/bagels with cheese and eggs).
We paid $63 per night with AARP. For that price it was a great deal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cindyandted
Washington State
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I chose this hotel based on good reviews on Trip Advisor and its cost and close proximity to my daughter's home, and we were not disappointed. The room was spacious and clean and the hotel well maintained. I have only two minor complaints/suggestions that would not keep me from staying here again: First, since the hotel chain advocates reusing towels, it would be nice to have more hooks on which to hang them in between uses. Second, it would be nice to have a little more variety in the continental breakfast, such as more fresh fruit -- I am on a gluten free diet and didn't have much to choose from. Overall, the stay was very good, and we plan to stay there again when returning to Cary.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family