We stayed at the Hawthorn Suites over Thanksgiving. Apparently the hotel has gone through a recent renovation. All areas we visited in the hotel were very clean and appeared to be updated.
We were on the 3rd floor in a Studio Queen Suite. We were very surprised by the conveniences included with the room. WiFi worked very well, only spotty at times. Dishes and cookware were clean and there were basic cooking tools provided. The only suggestion in that area I could make would be to provide 1 extra set of silverware. The room holds 2 people and there were only 2 forks, 2 knives, 2 spoons. Having to constantly wash as your cooking and then again before using them to eat was kind of frustrating. Not a big deal though.
Our room was on the backside of the hotel, looking out to the highway. With the window shut, we heard no outside noise from trucks or cars. Pillows, blankets, etc were plentiful and VERY cozy and comfortable. Flat panel tv with USB and HDMI inputs was nice. We were able to watch movies brought with us.
Hot breakfast is available. We only went down 1 morning (since we could cook in the room). They had bread, pastries, coffee, juice, yogurt, milk, waffles and bacon. Apparently they usually have eggs as well, but not that morning. Breakfast lasts until 10 on the weekends. We arrived a 9 and it seemed like the lady working there was trying to clean up and close down.
Front guest reception and housekeeping were both very nice and friendly.
Location of the hotel is off the main road but VERY close to major shopping centers and restaurants.
We will definitely be staying here again when visiting Cary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. The newly renovated Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Raleigh is an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. Each spacious suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with a full-size refrigerator/ice maker, microwave, and dishwasher. Traveling on business? Bring your laptop and work efficiently at your executive desk. Communication is no problem with voice mail, free local calls, free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines. Hungry? Enjoy the convenience of local fine dining restaurants in the area. Work off some stress in our 24-hour fitness center. Staying a long time? Take advantage of our on-site coin operated laundry facility. We're a pet friendly hotel(fees apply). Conveniently located with easy access to I-40 at exit 293A. Home to the Carolina Hurricanes. Close to downtown Raleigh and Cary, North Carolina. Also near PNC Center, State Office Complex, NC State University, Crossroads Plaza, North Carolina State Fairgrounds, NC State University: College of Veterinary Medicine, Walnut Creek Amphitheater, Koka Booth Amphitheater and Cary Town Center Mall. A huge assortment of restaurants and shopping centers are within 2 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Raleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Raleigh Cary Hotel Raleigh
- Candlewood Raleigh
- Raleigh Candlewood Suites