Although not necessarily easy to find ( no fault of the hotel; the city of Cary will not allow them up even a small sign with an arrow to point the way to the hotel), Hawthorne suites is the gym of a residence Hotel located in Cary, a suburb of Raleigh. I was in town for a weekend event at the state fairgrounds, about a 10 minute drive from the hotel, so it was quite convenient.
I had a studio suite that I booked through Priceline, and it was extremely comfortable and perfect for my stay. Has a require handicap room, the manager was more than happy to oblige when I gave her a call prior to my arrival. The hotel is very clean, it serves a full breakfast including bacon, sausage and eggs, waffles, an assortment of cereals and really good coffee.
As with most residence hotels, it does not offer individual cleaning room cleaning services every night, but towels were plentiful, amenities were very nice, and I figured I could make my own bed… No big deal.
Each room has a microwave, full-size refrigerator, a dual burner cooktop, some pots and pans, dishes and silverware. The bed was very comfortable, and i there was a flat screen TV in the room.
They permit pets, but have a small pet charge, which was not unduly unreasonable. Old Flo not for from the road, it is a pretty quiet neighborhood. However, you may prefer to ask for a room on the slide away from the road if you need something super quiet. All in all, very good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Raleigh is an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. Each spacious suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with a full-size refrigerator/ice maker, microwave, and dishwasher. Traveling on business? Bring your laptop and work efficiently at your executive desk. Communication is no problem with voice mail, free local calls, free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines. Hungry? Enjoy the convenience of local fine dining restaurants in the area. Work off some stress in our 24-hour fitness center. Staying a long time? Take advantage of our on-site coin operated laundry facility. We're a pet friendly hotel(fees apply). Conveniently located with easy access to I-40 at exit 293A. Close to downtown Raleigh and Cary, North Carolina. Also near PNC Center, NC State University, Crossroads Plaza, North Carolina State Fairgrounds, and NC State University: College of Veterinary Medicine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Raleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Raleigh Cary Hotel Raleigh
- Candlewood Raleigh
- Raleigh Candlewood Suites