“Great atmosphere and food”
Review of An Cuisines - CLOSED

An Cuisines
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Harrison Avenue/Weston Parkway
Description: AN, which means “to dine” in Vietnamese, showcases an array of exquisite flavors that blends traditional Asian ingredients with modern European influences. Executive Chef Steven Devereaux Greene crafts dishes that show his culinary passions and styling of East meets West. His approach is to harness unique and local products to transform them into his vision of elegant simplicity. All of the ingredients, dishes, and approach is to create a memorable experience for you and your palate. AN, features a sushi bar and raw bar, which adds another dimension to the various delights offered here. A meal would not be complete without an Asian inspired cocktail or glass of wine from our award winning wine list.
Montreal, Canada
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Ample parking, got a table for 2 without reservations at 9:30 on a Friday. We received a warm welcome and seated immediately, how ever we did have to wait longer than average before our waitress came to see us. After the delay all service staff was very professional. She was friendly and knowledgeable in drinks and food selection. I recommend the pork bun as appetizer. The Singapore noodles were good too, but I was too full from sharing appetizers to finish it off. The sushi was quoted as "The best I've had" from a friend who's been around the world, but the unagi and the kobe beef were quite average. I have had much better at more affordable restaurants, but it was still good. Small sake carafe seemed never ending :D and the macadamia & chocolate cookies are amazing. If you're already stuff they can be ordered for take out. Friendly staff, very nice décor. Would definitely return.

• Visited June 2014

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“A little expensive, but good”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Some creativity in the sushi, which personally I don't think is necessary - and prices to match the "fusion" nature of it. Where it does work, and fabulously, were the desserts. Wow. Spectacular and creative. I'm glad I was part of a large party that was able to order just about every dessert they had so we could share.

I had the opportunity to go back on the same trip and declined. But I'd recommend it once in a while.

Visited June 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Love the sushi”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was disappointed in the food at An a few months ago after they had changed chefs, however this weeks dinner made it worth coming back. We sat outside on the patio and had some amazing sushi. As always at An it was beautifully presented and the service was welcoming and efficient. I'll be back soon.

• Visited June 2014
Cary, North Carolina
“One of the best”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a chance to have a wonderful dinner with friends here and it was in the top ten best meals I have had. Great dining, great company, great evening...

• Visited May 2014
OKC
“Fascinating variety, flavor and delightful presentation”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Our group ate here while staying nearby. We were delighted in every respect, from the fresh, assemble at the table pork buns, to the heavenly warm from the over cookies with their own distinctive take home box (though these would have done better if they came with more than an ounce of milk, or with a soy mild option.) Although there was not much for sound baffles around, we still found it not too noisy to converse comfortably and the service was generally prompt in unobtrusive. With a rich array of options an a host of delightful flavors in each dish, we'll come back at the first opportunity.
Several of us enjoyed the grilled shrimp-- lots of shrimp and a delightful fruity mango dressing with just the right amount of rice. The coconut creme soup was also a hit, and the tempura asparagus even in a generous portion was not too much. What more can I say, than ngon qua!

Visited May 2014