Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Regency Parkway South
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Bayboro
“PLEASENT STAY!!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This hotel was nice, the staff did everything they could to accommodate! The only thing I recommend is not taking a room close by the pool. It wasn't an issue for us, because we were basically out of our room until very late and the pool closes at 8, so we didn't have any noise interfering with our sleep!!! The African American(for the life of me, I can't remember his name) gentleman was very friendly and gave me helpful tips:) The rooms have everything you need for an extended stay or if you want to cook to save money on food! I will RETURN the next time I am in the Raleigh area!

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms close by the pool:)))
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DavisFamilyBayboro
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Regency Parkway South, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding Ary. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Duluth, MN
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Suite was spacious. Beds were pillowtops. Kitchen had a lot of counterspace, a full size refrigerator/freezer and a dishwasher. Neighborhood was safe and convenient to freeway and Cary. Comfortable for an extended stay.

WiFi was slow and dropped in and out. Business center consisted of a printer that you accessed using your own computer via printme.com Sometimes worked. Sometimes didn't.

Breakfast buffet consisted of coffee, fruit and several items that could be toasted. However, you better get there right at seven as it got cleaned out by the work crews that stayed here.

If you are willing to do without the amenities, this is an affordable, comfortable place to hang your hat for awhile.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank ScreenwriterPat
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Regency Parkway South, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of your stay. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks regarding the WiFi and the the Deluxe Coffee Bar. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. In response to your comments, I have discussed your WiFI concerns with my supervisor and technology department to determine what changes could improve this service. Also, I have met with our hotel staff in order to better ensure that items are always stocked during the hours that the Deluxe Mornings(tm) coffee bar is made available. I can assure you that we are working hard to be better prepared in the future.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
rochester
Reviewed 26 September 2010

huge room complete with couch and chairs,kitchenette,gym,pool,lots of space and a great rate.very polite staff.hallway rugs need a cleaning but that is minor compared to what you get here.no complaints.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank nuke-roadie
Virginia
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Booked through Travelocity, wanted room with separate bedroom for kids. When arrived, they had a 2 room Smoking suite. It smelled badly - I should have been more careful when booking to specify nonsmoking. Switched to a cheaper one room nonsmoking, when we went to look, it was dirty with towels/sheets unchanged. The room we ended up with was ok but I wouldn't stay here again - had to go to front desk to get shampoo. I should have realized that this wouldn't be appropriate for a 2 night stay with 2 kids. Would choose another hotel next time in Cary. Great if you are planning on staying more than a weekend though, has a kitchen.

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank jcknightma
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2010

My stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Cary, NC was well above my expectations. The first of many impressive qualities of this establishment was the inviting front desk staff. They were not only informative but also very hospitable. The second thing I noticed was the fabulous price per room! I was taken aback when I was charged roughly $60 for my stay. For $60 I received pool access, exercise equipment at my leisure, free continental breakfast, an extremely safe environment, and a room equipped with a television, pull out couch, queen sized bed and a full sized kitchen where I prepared dinner. With all things said, I would highly recommend your trip to Cary be spent at the Extended Stay Deluxe. In such a rough economy, this truly is a steal and who wouldn't want to feel as though they are in the comfort of their own home?

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hmtaylor1
Norcross
Reviewed 24 September 2008

I stayed there long term -- from Jan '08 to Aug '08.
Overall it was a good experience because:

* its in a nice clean suburban area.
* it was a better value than getting an apartment since all toiletries, linen, and furniture were there
* the staff was friendly
* although occasional aroma from tenant's dogs, the cleaning crew would shampoo hallway carpet at least once a week.

The cleaning staff was never thorough, however, I usually cleaned my own room and lived comfortably. I always kept a can of Lysol.

The only issue that I had was their frequent supply shortage.
Toilet tissue and towels ran out a few times too many for me.
Especially if a college sports team came in.

Otherwise, I would not mind living there again.

• Liked — the price and the service
  • Disliked — shortage of supplies
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank TripQueen72
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 October 2006

got sent here via priceline, when I got to the lobby and looked in to the admin area, I thought YIKES (looked messy, rundown, kind of like public housing or dorm furniture in the tiny little lobby. But it was in a nce part of town, and I had already paid, so I had to stay there. The corridor to the room and the lobby itself were the only negative, but because I had low expecations at that point, I was VERY impressed once I opened my door and saw my space. Totally complete kitchen, decent bath, large suite area, and very comfortable bed. Someone had negelected to clean out the previous resident's few grocery items from the shelves, so I threw out the open pb&j and other partially used things.
The blanket on the bed looked dirty, but hey, for 39 bucks on priceline, what do you expect?

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — initial impressinon, lobby, appears run down from first glance but it's not
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled solo