“Clean and comfortable”

Residence Inn Raleigh Cary
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday night while visiting family in the area. The one bedroom suite was clean, quiet and comfortable and the staff was friendly and able. We skipped the breakfast so I can't vouch for that but I'd stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2012

2 families totally 9 people stayed at this location for 9 nights in early August.. Couldn't have asked for a better location and a great hotel. Each family had a 2 bedroom/2bath suite.. fabulous. (this was my families 2nd stay with Residence Inns and this will be our hotel chain of choice in the future if available). Our family of 5 fit nicely into this type of room with plenty of bed space.

Rooms are well appointed.. beds comfortable, staff did a great job in cleaning..

Check in was smooth, hotel was clean and the renovations were great. Staff was very helpful with everything. Laundry Room was large and enough washers and dryers for multiple loads.

The pool was a tad on the small side, but the hotel isn't really large enough for anything larger and there is no hottub. The fitness room is small..(again, size of the hotel) but.. you do get passes for the Lifetime fitness with in walking distance and it has several great pools and the fitness areas are fantastic.

Breakfast began to get a little boring after a few days and for being a southern hotel, I was disappointing that Grits were not served at breakfast.(rather oatmeal was everyday). Patty sausage and Canadian bacon.. no regular bacon.

I was very disappointed in the evening reception food (we know it's not dinner.. however).. canned ravioli with a lettuce salad one night.. chips and salsa the next.. and lettuce topped with black bean and corn salsa another. (We stayed in the RI in Plantation Fl last summer for 11 nights and had much better choices - 2 choices of Lasagna one night, burgers and hotdogs another etc.)

This hotel has great access to Raleigh, Cary, Sanford and other points in NC. Will definitely stay here again on future trips to NC

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunniebgi
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite with friends while attending a show at Koko booth. The hotel was within close walking distance, clean and good space for 4 of us. Breakfast that was provided was mich better than most continetal breakfast. We will stay again. Only one word of advice for those staying, bring your own food and beer. The items in their vending area are extremely over priced. $30 for a 6 pack of beer and $8 for dried Mac and cheese! Otherwise good place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Really nice hotel. Great stay until I checked out and found someone had charged beer and wine to my room .. It most certainly wasn't me or my 12y/o daughter guy at front desk admitted it was a mistake and id be credited when his manager came on duty needless to say cc was never credited and that's why I'm writing this review. Oh and I was in room 127 checked in July 27th. Thanks

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Ben V
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We've stayed at this Residence Inn in Cary several times, and have never been disappointed. It's in a quiet office-park type setting, convenient to a gas station with a small sub shop.

One of best features of staying here is the complimentary membership to the huge two-story modern fitness center directly across the street in this quiet neighborhood. Check at the hotel front desk for your pass. We enjoyed the treadmills, elliptical machines and cross-country ski machines.

The breakfast is also first-rate. Even during the lobby remodeling a few months back, the breakfast was served in a suite, but the service and food were excellent. The cheery and professional breakfast server made sure everyone had everything we needed for a delicious hot breakfast. We particularly enjoyed hot crock-pot oatmeal (not the instant kind from individual serving bags) with cinnamon and raisins and other toppings.

This location has a two-bedroom suite option, which includes two bathrooms.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SpringdaleGirl
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed three nights at this hotel on a business trip to Cary. The location of the hotel is excellent. It is a short drive or about a 10 minute walk to Lucky 32 restaurant, which I recently gave a very positive review to. It is also about a 10 minute drive to many other local restaurants and shopping malls.

My check-in was quick and the front desk person who checked me in, Michelle, was extremely friendly and made me feel welcome.

The room is a standard Residence Inn room, with a kitchen area, a living room and a separate bedroom. The room was clean and neat, although the furniture could use a bit of an upgrade. There are two TVs; one in the living room and one in the bedroom. There are plenty of channels available, including all the major ones in HD.

My biggest complaint about this place si the bedroom air conditioner. It is the loudest air conditioner I've ever heard in a bedroom. When it kicked on during the night, it was waking me up. I couldn't keep it turned off as it would get too warm in the bedroom.

I strongly suggest bringing a pair of ear plugs if you stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tonypct
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This place is awesome! Biggest problem I've got with this place is you can never get a room here when you need it. Guess everyone else knows too. Nice people, good food, good location. No deals to be had though, atleast that I could find. Really you just get what you'd expect from a Residence here. Rooms were good size & clean. I always try to get this hotel just end up getting stuck at the courtyard down the road instead.

Room Tip: Good luck, book early.