“Great for business travelers”

Residence Inn Raleigh Cary
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Overall, a very pleasant experience. Staff was friendly and helpful. I could see how the breakfast choices might get monotonous if I were there for a few weeks, but were certainly more than sufficient for my one week stay. Would have preferred more fresh fruit choices, but I realize space is somewhat limited. Internet connection never failed me and had sufficient bandwidth for all of my needs. The room was clean and very functional. For my first business trip to Raleigh, I don't think I could have asked for better.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 September 2012

The room, a Suite was very nice with plenty of room. Breakfast was of good quality and quanity. Problem with smokers. Had a distinct smell of cigarette smoke both nights. Upon checking out we were told smokers will close the door to shower and place a towel on the floor next to the door. They will blow the smoke into the exhaust vent to hide the odor of smoke. They may also spray a disinfectant to block the smell of smoking. The smell will carry to adjacent rooms and be qjuite uncomfortable. Suggest they place smoke detectors in the bathrooms as many other hotels are doing. Other than the smoking smell a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ballynb
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My family recently spent the long Labor Day weekend at this hotel. The hotel and property were clean and the staff were wonderful. Anyone who was there was quick to help us out and answer any questions we had on the area. Breakfast buffet was on par with the other Residence Inns we've stayed at. We didn't bring the pups this time, but they would have been welcome - always a plus. We had a 1 BR suite. Very convenient to Raleigh. Would definitely go again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday night while visiting family in the area. The one bedroom suite was clean, quiet and comfortable and the staff was friendly and able. We skipped the breakfast so I can't vouch for that but I'd stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

2 families totally 9 people stayed at this location for 9 nights in early August.. Couldn't have asked for a better location and a great hotel. Each family had a 2 bedroom/2bath suite.. fabulous. (this was my families 2nd stay with Residence Inns and this will be our hotel chain of choice in the future if available). Our family of 5 fit nicely into this type of room with plenty of bed space.

Rooms are well appointed.. beds comfortable, staff did a great job in cleaning..

Check in was smooth, hotel was clean and the renovations were great. Staff was very helpful with everything. Laundry Room was large and enough washers and dryers for multiple loads.

The pool was a tad on the small side, but the hotel isn't really large enough for anything larger and there is no hottub. The fitness room is small..(again, size of the hotel) but.. you do get passes for the Lifetime fitness with in walking distance and it has several great pools and the fitness areas are fantastic.

Breakfast began to get a little boring after a few days and for being a southern hotel, I was disappointing that Grits were not served at breakfast.(rather oatmeal was everyday). Patty sausage and Canadian bacon.. no regular bacon.

I was very disappointed in the evening reception food (we know it's not dinner.. however).. canned ravioli with a lettuce salad one night.. chips and salsa the next.. and lettuce topped with black bean and corn salsa another. (We stayed in the RI in Plantation Fl last summer for 11 nights and had much better choices - 2 choices of Lasagna one night, burgers and hotdogs another etc.)

This hotel has great access to Raleigh, Cary, Sanford and other points in NC. Will definitely stay here again on future trips to NC

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunniebgi
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite with friends while attending a show at Koko booth. The hotel was within close walking distance, clean and good space for 4 of us. Breakfast that was provided was mich better than most continetal breakfast. We will stay again. Only one word of advice for those staying, bring your own food and beer. The items in their vending area are extremely over priced. $30 for a 6 pack of beer and $8 for dried Mac and cheese! Otherwise good place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Really nice hotel. Great stay until I checked out and found someone had charged beer and wine to my room .. It most certainly wasn't me or my 12y/o daughter guy at front desk admitted it was a mistake and id be credited when his manager came on duty needless to say cc was never credited and that's why I'm writing this review. Oh and I was in room 127 checked in July 27th. Thanks

• Stayed: July 2012