“I was not a HHonors member, but I felt like I was”

DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Cary
“I was not a HHonors member, but I felt like I was”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This was the last room available within 15 miles, so I was skeptical, having never stayed at Doubletree. Omar took my call to hold the room and greeted me like a frequent guest at check-in. The room was very clean with no odors or fragrance and already at a very comfortable 72 degrees. The large desktop easily accommodated 2 laptops and IPad. Although the hotel was fully booked, the room was extremely quiet and I was able to work without interruption. Excellent WiFi connection, with easy access. Wolfgang Puck coffeemaker is easy to use and makes a great cup of coffee. The bedding and pillows are top of the line. The bathroom is large with plenty of clean, soft towels. I liked the additional security that requires room key to access vending which is conveniently located by te elevator. I recommend and drive a few extra miles to stay again next time I am there on business.( 9/12/2012 stay)

• Stayed September 2012
Cerrie D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Hello Bikr09

I am the General Manager of our hotel and would like to Thank You for the great response on Trip Advisor. It was a busy week in our area and we are glad you were able to stay with us.

Omar is definitely a jewel and he really cares about our guests. He always goes above and beyond. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and work very hard to make sure that our rooms are clean and needs are met.

We look forward to seeing you again on your travels to the Raleigh-Cary area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I'm a frequent traveler and stay at Hilton properties almost exclusively. And the Doubletree brand delivers consistant quality and value. Having said that, whoever designed the showers & purchased the showerheads for the rooms at the Cary, NC hotel should be fired. At a height of over 7 feet, the showerhead is too far above your head, even for very tall people. On top of that, the low-flow showerhead they chose delivers a fine mist instead of a stream of water. By the time the water hits your body, it is more like a humid day than a shower. In response to a previous complaint about the shower heads, the general manager said they increased the water pressure to aleviate the problem. But quite frankly, if they did, it did not help! Next time, I think I'll stay at the Hilton Garden Inn which is right next door.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Cerrie D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Hello Jim-

I am the General Manager at the DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh-Cary and appreciate your tripadvisor response. We have been working diligently on the shower pressure and we believe we have it fixed. We have purchased new shower heads and working on a few other items. This has been and continues to be a priority for our hotel. I hope that you will come back and see the changes that we have accomplished. We listen to our guest and if there is an issue we do everything possible to fix it. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future. I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you at your convenience. My direct line is 919.239.4779.

Nassau, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in a king room. The only complaint in the shower head. It was too high, I'm 5'5 and it was pretty much a mist by the time it got down to me. Other then that the room was great! Even the breakfast in the morning had a great selection. And who can beat the warm cookies everynight! I would go back just for that :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Cerrie D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Cathy

I am Cerrie DeBos the General Manager at the DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh-Cary. I want to thank you for the outstanding post.

We work very hard to make sure our guest have exceptional service and it is indeed a pleasure to hear we accomplished this during your stay. I am sorry about the experience of the shower being higher. When you arrive next time we will be sure to have you in a room with the tub and that may work a little better for you. The cookies are outstanding and it is amazing what an impact they make.

I look forward to meeting you on your return trip to Raleigh-Cary.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Great place to stay for business. Hotel appears to have been refinished recently from lobby to hallway and rooms. Finish is nice and rooms/common areas are spotless. Staff is friendly and breakfast is worth the time. Options for breakfast are plentiful. Area surrounding hotel has plenty of shopping (including Target) and restaurants. IMAX movie theater is literally right across the street. This is the BEST place to stay in this area. Not the easiest to find from the interstate or highway but worth it when you get there!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I had a great stay at the DoubleTree (by Hilton) Hotel in Cary, NC. The hotel and its facilities (pool, gym, bar/restaurant) are clean, my room was quite roomy and the bed and pillows were plush, and the warm chocolate chip cookies provided tasted great. My overall experience was great, and the location is in walking distance of multiple shopping centers and restaurants. Definitely I'm looking forward to staying at the DoubleTree on my next business trip!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Cerrie D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Ronald

I am the General Manager of the DoubleTre Raleigh-Cary and I would like to thank you for staying with us while visiting Raleigh-Cary. It is always great to receive such reviews and it is helpful for other travelers to hear about your experience. I love our cookie too- they are fabulous! We look forward to you visiting us again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 July 2012

It was graduation time and my whole family was coming to Raleigh to help celebrate. There were people from NJ, SC and (obviously) NC. The "out of towners" stayed at the DoubleTree hotel and had one of the best experiences ever. The staff was outstanding and couldn't do enough to accommodate the number of rooms we needed as well as giving a room to my parents who are mobility challenged. The main front desk person we dealt with was Tony - and he is one of the best and most pleasant people I've ever dealt with. He helped us with the shuttle, amenities and even helped us find a place where we could sit back, enjoy each other and play some games (which is what my family likes to do). Having such a great hotel experience really helped in making the family reunion/graduation a wonderful time. Thank you Tony and Doubletree.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Hello Debbie

I am the General Manager of the DoubleTre Raleigh-Cary and I would like to thank you for staying with us while visiting Raleigh-Cary. Tony is wonderful and we are so blessed he is on our team. I am glad your family had such a great time while visiting our area. We have several amenities to accommodate our leisure traveler and I am glad you were able to enjoy them. Please come back and see us and Tony will still me here. We are going to keep him!!

Thank you for the great reveiw!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

Service and staff were superb. However, the water pressure in the shower was very low. With that said, the breakfast was awesome and plentiful. Bottomline, a well recommended hotel in Cary. Will visit again..

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello Ricanranger-

I am the General Manager of the DoubleTre Raleigh-Cary and I would like to thank you for staying with us while visiting Raleigh-Cary. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We are very lucky to have such a strong and caring team. We definitely always put our guests first.

As I am responding to your review we are making changes to our water pressure. So, I look forward to you coming back to visit and experience the changes.

Your comments are very important to us and we listen!