“Great location, spotless hotel”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight this weekend on a last-minute excursion. The hotel is in a great spot near shopping, dining, etc., but quiet on weekends because the location is in the middle of corporate offices. The room was spotless with a very comfy bed and great shower. Plus the window opened, which I always consider a plus. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Carylynn the manager was such a delight. We truly felt like guests in a home. We highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 22 April 2012

The staff were truly outstanding. At check in, there was a problem with my reservation booked through Expedia. Lawrence took care of it completely, even though it was not the hotel's responsibility. He was calmly confident and reassuring to me and professional in the numerous phone calls with Expedia that it took to resolve the issue. Throughout my week long stay, I observed Lawrence, and the other front desk staff, and they treated everyone so well - professionally but with warmth and sincerity. In fact, all the staff we encountered during our stay were like that - from the restaurant to the housekeeping and maintenance staff - each greeted us warmly and were always helpful. We also loved the heated indoor pool - a plus with kids and adults alike. The breakfast buffet was an unexpected bonus - delicious food, well presented, always stocked regardless of time you ate within the designated hours. We really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for an overnight work meeting. It was in a great location, near shopping, and the beltway. As a female traveling alone I felt very safe in this hotel, which was nice as I do worry about this when my husband is not traveling with me. The staff was very nice and accomadating. You do have to pay for the breakfast, it is not complimentary like other Holiday Inn's, however it was only $5, so no big deal. It had a decent selection that included scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, potatos, fresh fruit, cereal, etc.
The rooms were standard size and clean. Though the mattress in the room I had could use an upgrade, was on the lumpy side. The bathroom could also use an upgrade, but it was clean.
I did not use the indoor pool, but was impressed it had one. The hotel also had a bar, that looked decent for a drink to unwind at the end of the day. I only went to the bar to get a cup of water.
Overall a decent place to stay!

2  Thank TravelingHokies
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stopped by the Holiday Inn on my way home... The service has gotten even more great!!! Tez always take care of me... Food is always delicious... Love the nice business center...

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is one of the nicest Holiday Inns I've stayed at. Great area for shopping and dining. Will make it my permanent hotel for Raleigh area from now on.

Room Tip: Suite was very large with two TV's.
Reviewed 30 March 2012

As a frequent business traveller to this area I feel as though this is by far the best place to stay in the area. The staff at the front desk are always friendly and attentive and know you by name. In addition, the rooms are very spacious and clean. The hotel is close to nice restaurants and has a great breakfast there as well. Like every successfull business it comes down to the people. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels over the years.This hotel has by far the best staff at any hotel I have ever stayed.

2  Thank Jay B