“Great service”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Mooresboro, North Carolina
“Great service”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

It's been a month since our stay so I cannot recall names, but, fortunately, everybody was consistent in their commitment to providing great service. We checked in late and were greeted with a smile. Check-in was smooth and we went up to the room. The only negative experience happened at this point. Our room key card did not work. It was an easy fix and we were in the room quickly. Our bed was comfortable and the room served the purpose. Check out in the morning was just as smooth as check in. If we are in the area in the future, this hotel is on the list for potential options.

Stayed June 2014
Diab B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Kramer6492,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn & Suites Cary. We are glad that the issue with the room key was quickly resolved and that you were able to experience a good nights rest. The entire staff will be delighted to know that they once again provided exceptional service to you and your family.

We look forward to having you stay with us on subsequent trips to our area.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
North Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I were on a mini road trip vacation and we stayed only one night on the way to our destination. This location was about 1 mile off the main freeway, and in an office park type setting. While there were numerous hotels all around the exit on the freeway, the extra mile was worth because it was much quiet in the office park setting, away from the highway noise. The location is also very convenient to many well known chain restaurants and stores.

The hotel was very clean, modern and comfortable. It had free parking, a clean and well lit parking lot and entry. The check in was quick and harmless and the front desk staff very professional and courteous. I wish I could remember her name (Effina??). I also had spoke by phone with Brice whom I did not meet but was very professional, courteous and welcoming via the phone. Both these individuals made the difference with super positive first impressions. I received genuine warm welcome and immediate thanks for being an IHG Platinum member.

Our room was quiet and spotless. No road noise or other noise from within the hotel was heard. We had a small suite with microwave and fridge. Bed was super comfy and linens clean and crisp. This hotel was the first of four different hotels I stayed in during our one week road trip. It was also the best of the four, and had the best staff. The desk personnel at checkout were also very personable and friendly. I do not think anyone can go wrong staying here; highly recommended!

Of note: there is a local restaurant about 3-5 minutes away, (Barry’s Café) that works closely helping the local firefighters. But they are just not community service oriented, they serve a great breakfast and lunch. We went there for breakfast and enjoyed the food and firefighter related atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank OldManBob
Diab B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Old Man Bob,

Thank you!! We look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to the Cary area. It is nice to hear that Brice and the front desk staff were so helpful and accommodating during your visit. I will pass on your compliments to the staff. Again, thank you.

Winter Haven
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I just came back from a company trip and we all stayed at this Hotel. Great housekeeping the staff is real nice and friendly. Great rooms for the price with all u need. Microwave, coffee maker, sink, table and chairs 2 tvs in the room. The breakfast buffet was $8 so no complementary breakfast but there is a lot of restaurants in the area and only a few minutes from anywhere in Raleigh. I did not try the pool or any other amenities. The staff was very nice to let me borrow a wine bottle opener and they brought it to my room in the 6th floor.

Room Tip: Call them for any arrangements with your reservation and they will work with you. They did with me...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Diab B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Chiolinda28,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Cary. Our close location to area restaurants and Raleigh, the capital city puts everything you need right at your fingertips. Our breakfast buffet, which offers over 20 items is indeed a bargain! We are glad that you enjoyed it. Our housekeeping and front desk staff are simply over the moon with your kind words. When you are in the area again, whether for business or leisure, I hope you will choose to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Cary.

North Carolina
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I arrived late after an all day drive and was very please that the directions led me straight to the front door. Since Hurricane Arthur wasn’t too far away, I’m thankful for that and that they had a room.

The lobby was fresh and welcoming and the Front Desk person (I wish I remembered his name) was very welcoming and professional and checked me in in less than a minute and set my 5:30 wake up call (with 4 hours sleep after a 12 hour drive, I need the alarm, a wake up call and a marching band).

The room was as fresh and clean as I could want and I’ve paid more for less.

I was surprised that at 5:30, someone was knocking at my door. Apparently there was an issue with the phone programmer so the Front Desk person took the initiative to knock on my door at the appropriate time. I’m not used to treatment that good.

Thank you everyone at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank honestashol
Diab B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Honestashol,

WOW!!! On behalf on the entire staff, I want to personally thank you for writing such a positive review. Our goal is to provide quick and accurate service and I am delighted that the staff exceeded your expectations! Although Hurricane Arthur temporarily disabled our phone system, I am glad to know that our staff still provided you with a "wake up call"
When you are traveling through Cary NC again, we invite you to stay with us again!

Best wishes for a happy summer
texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stopped here on our way to Sunset Beach, NC. The room was spotless and the hotel is in great condition. Our grandchildren really liked the indoor heated pool. What really sets this hotel apart from others we have stayed in is the friendly receptionist. Pam is the best. She made sure everything was perfect for our stay. Many times the people behind the reception desk do their job but not with enthusiam. Pam is the exception. We could tell she really loves her job and wants to make sure guests are satisfied. Thanks Pam, we'll be back next year!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wwjd1947
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team, I want to thank you for writing to tell us about your positive experience at the hotel. We take great pride in our family friendly hotel and we are delighted that your grandchildren enjoyed the pool and other amenities. Pam, who is one of my STAR employees, will be so happy to know that she made your visit a little brighter!!!

Until your next visit next year, continue to have a great summer.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for one night in a king room with an in-room jacuzzi tub. Room was very clean and spacious with a refrigerator, coffee maker, roomy bathroom, and of course the huge jacuzzi tub. It fits two people easily. Unfortunately, our jets didn't work but Pam at the front desk was extremely polite and friendly and she was able to get the matter resolved to my satisfaction.

Location is less than 5 minutes from the freeway and close to lots of dining and shopping centers.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone primarily because the service is excellent. Every employee (maintenance, front desk, etc) greets each guest with a smile and kind words even if they are just passing by in the hallway. It's an exemplary hotel and the management should be very proud of the employees who keep the guests happy. I will definitely return and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends or family!

Room Tip: Room 523 is away from elevator and towards the end of the hall so it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ONTHEGO054
Diab B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear On the Go,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your one night stay with us in June! Our goal is to provide great customer service with smiling faces! I will be sure to tell Pam that she and the other employees exceeded your expectations.

We appreciate you letting the front desk know that the jets in the Jacuzzi tub were not working properly. I am glad to know that the issue was resolved in a quick and efficient manner.

Again, thank you and we look forward to you staying with us during your next visit to our area.

concord,nc,usa
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We spent a Saturday night recently. The hotel is at a good location, in good condition with ample parking. What sets it apart is how it treats customers.A month before, we planned a trip, and at the last minute, we realized we couldn't board our dog. I called the hotel, and they don't accept pets. We couldn't make the trip, but the hotel didn't charge us for the non refundable night.
We rebooked because of this flexibility. Just after we arrived in our room, we noticed a leak in the ceiling coming from the spa in the room above us. We asked to change rooms, and wound up with a standard room.
Brice at the front desk was most accommodating and apologized for the inconvenience, and gave us a lower rate. When we woke up the next morning we had a wonderful note from Brice, along with two breakfast vouchers. This is above and beyond customer service, and we felt very valued as guests. More companies should follow this example.
We have found our hotel home in Raleigh. Thank you Brice and staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CarolinaTraveler
Dear Carolina Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your great experience at our hotel. I will be sure to tell Brice, who is one of our STAR employees how much you appreciated his note and breakfast coupons. Please know that we have fixed the leak in your original room and on your next visit travelling in this part of Carolina we invite you to stay with us again!

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cary
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
Best Western Plus Cary Inn - NC State
DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
SpringHill Suites Raleigh Cary
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Raleigh
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary? Share your experiences!