“Very accommodating”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as planned but had a broken down vehicle as we arrived. This hotel was very helpful in all aspects of our stay. The next day our daughter drove from the coast to pick us up. They held our room open until she arrived. In the loddy the next morning there was gentleman assisting people with tv remotes, beverages, and luggage. The staff was smiling and very pleasant. We will definitely be back here.

M.m. Greenville nc

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Diab B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear wbmoffitt,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, the Holiday Inn & Suites Cary.

Your comments are very much appreciated and valued. The staff and I really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and the helpfulness that the staff displayed. The staff members take their roles in very seriously and try, every day, to provide excellent quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Again, thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Cary NC

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Lodged at this hotel July 10-13, 2014. Great stay! The front desk manager and all of the staff treated us like kings and queens with their speedy response to deliver to me complimentary items that I had forgotten or to deliver extra towels. My friend ate in the restaurant and raved about the food and service. She loved it! There are also lots of restaurants nearby and places to shop. And the pillows . . . I could sleep forever.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Diab B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear SG,

The staff and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and we are especially pleased to know that you slept better because of our comfy pillows. Our restaurant and staff are top-notch and provide delicious creative meals every night. They were so pleased to know that you enjoyed your dinner! The next time you are in the Cary NC area, we invite you to come and visit us again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

It's been a month since our stay so I cannot recall names, but, fortunately, everybody was consistent in their commitment to providing great service. We checked in late and were greeted with a smile. Check-in was smooth and we went up to the room. The only negative experience happened at this point. Our room key card did not work. It was an easy fix and we were in the room quickly. Our bed was comfortable and the room served the purpose. Check out in the morning was just as smooth as check in. If we are in the area in the future, this hotel is on the list for potential options.

Stayed: June 2014
Diab B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Kramer6492,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn & Suites Cary. We are glad that the issue with the room key was quickly resolved and that you were able to experience a good nights rest. The entire staff will be delighted to know that they once again provided exceptional service to you and your family.

We look forward to having you stay with us on subsequent trips to our area.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I were on a mini road trip vacation and we stayed only one night on the way to our destination. This location was about 1 mile off the main freeway, and in an office park type setting. While there were numerous hotels all around the exit on the freeway, the extra mile was worth because it was much quiet in the office park setting, away from the highway noise. The location is also very convenient to many well known chain restaurants and stores.

The hotel was very clean, modern and comfortable. It had free parking, a clean and well lit parking lot and entry. The check in was quick and harmless and the front desk staff very professional and courteous. I wish I could remember her name (Effina??). I also had spoke by phone with Brice whom I did not meet but was very professional, courteous and welcoming via the phone. Both these individuals made the difference with super positive first impressions. I received genuine warm welcome and immediate thanks for being an IHG Platinum member.

Our room was quiet and spotless. No road noise or other noise from within the hotel was heard. We had a small suite with microwave and fridge. Bed was super comfy and linens clean and crisp. This hotel was the first of four different hotels I stayed in during our one week road trip. It was also the best of the four, and had the best staff. The desk personnel at checkout were also very personable and friendly. I do not think anyone can go wrong staying here; highly recommended!

Of note: there is a local restaurant about 3-5 minutes away, (Barry’s Café) that works closely helping the local firefighters. But they are just not community service oriented, they serve a great breakfast and lunch. We went there for breakfast and enjoyed the food and firefighter related atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OldManBob
Diab B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Old Man Bob,

Thank you!! We look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to the Cary area. It is nice to hear that Brice and the front desk staff were so helpful and accommodating during your visit. I will pass on your compliments to the staff. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I just came back from a company trip and we all stayed at this Hotel. Great housekeeping the staff is real nice and friendly. Great rooms for the price with all u need. Microwave, coffee maker, sink, table and chairs 2 tvs in the room. The breakfast buffet was $8 so no complementary breakfast but there is a lot of restaurants in the area and only a few minutes from anywhere in Raleigh. I did not try the pool or any other amenities. The staff was very nice to let me borrow a wine bottle opener and they brought it to my room in the 6th floor.

Room Tip: Call them for any arrangements with your reservation and they will work with you. They did with me...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Diab B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Chiolinda28,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Cary. Our close location to area restaurants and Raleigh, the capital city puts everything you need right at your fingertips. Our breakfast buffet, which offers over 20 items is indeed a bargain! We are glad that you enjoyed it. Our housekeeping and front desk staff are simply over the moon with your kind words. When you are in the area again, whether for business or leisure, I hope you will choose to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Cary.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I arrived late after an all day drive and was very please that the directions led me straight to the front door. Since Hurricane Arthur wasn’t too far away, I’m thankful for that and that they had a room.

The lobby was fresh and welcoming and the Front Desk person (I wish I remembered his name) was very welcoming and professional and checked me in in less than a minute and set my 5:30 wake up call (with 4 hours sleep after a 12 hour drive, I need the alarm, a wake up call and a marching band).

The room was as fresh and clean as I could want and I’ve paid more for less.

I was surprised that at 5:30, someone was knocking at my door. Apparently there was an issue with the phone programmer so the Front Desk person took the initiative to knock on my door at the appropriate time. I’m not used to treatment that good.

Thank you everyone at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank honestashol
Diab B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Honestashol,

WOW!!! On behalf on the entire staff, I want to personally thank you for writing such a positive review. Our goal is to provide quick and accurate service and I am delighted that the staff exceeded your expectations! Although Hurricane Arthur temporarily disabled our phone system, I am glad to know that our staff still provided you with a "wake up call"
When you are traveling through Cary NC again, we invite you to stay with us again!

Best wishes for a happy summer

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stopped here on our way to Sunset Beach, NC. The room was spotless and the hotel is in great condition. Our grandchildren really liked the indoor heated pool. What really sets this hotel apart from others we have stayed in is the friendly receptionist. Pam is the best. She made sure everything was perfect for our stay. Many times the people behind the reception desk do their job but not with enthusiam. Pam is the exception. We could tell she really loves her job and wants to make sure guests are satisfied. Thanks Pam, we'll be back next year!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wwjd1947

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team, I want to thank you for writing to tell us about your positive experience at the hotel. We take great pride in our family friendly hotel and we are delighted that your grandchildren enjoyed the pool and other amenities. Pam, who is one of my STAR employees, will be so happy to know that she made your visit a little brighter!!!

Until your next visit next year, continue to have a great summer.