“Beautiful, well appointed hotel”
Review of The Umstead Spa

The Umstead Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Spas & Wellness in Cary
Sebastopol, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful, well appointed hotel”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Beautiful gracious hotel. The hotel bar staff was a bit stuff and not very accommodating to our needs, and the feeling is a bit pretentious. We wanted drinks rather than drinks and appetizers and were moved from the more warm and friendly bar area to a lobby area that was nearly empty. I would expect a hotel like this to go out of their way to meet guests needs. But otherwise the hotel was lovely.

Visited December 2013
The_Umstead_Hotel, General Manager at The Umstead Spa, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We regret that you felt inconvenienced during your visit to The Bar and Lounge. We hope that upon returning we'd be given the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

With best regards,
Jim Beley

Jamestown, NC
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“impeccable service”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

In this day and age where people are always passing the buck, I could not believe how each and every employee anticipated my needs.

Visited December 2013
Pinehurst, North Carolina, USA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Lovely”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The Ulmstead is an excellent spot for pure relaxation. We went with another couple for a special occasion and thoroughly enjoyed the Wine Tasting dinner.

The entire experience was outstanding. Can't wait to go again.

Visited November 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Luxury at its finest!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I celebrated her birthday with exclusive pampering in the spa with the Cherry Blossom experience. Our masseuses made us perfectly comfortable with our choice of music and lighting. We experienced an exfoliating treatment with the intoxicating aroma of cherry blossoms & then enjoyed something I'd always wanted to try--dry brushing. Everyone must try it at least once- very pleasurable. Finally a relaxing massage with cherry blossom- top notch! The facilities are immaculate, offering handheld shower heads, relaxing jacuzzi-type pool, comfy seating and healthy snacks for kicking back, & an outdoor relaxation area to just talk or read a book. Products are available for sale & the menu of services is extensive. We're definitely returning for more!

Sarasota, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“No female massage therapists at the Spa”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I wanted a massage in the late afternoon on my arrival after a long drive. No female therapists were available after 2:00PM. I tried to make a reservation 2 weeks before I arrived and was told that the female therapists leave at 2PM and that none could stay later.

Visited October 2013