“Quiet Stay”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Durham, North Carolina
“Quiet Stay”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn this past July. I've been a customer of red roof inn before and I've only had one sketchy experience. I will say that this red roof inn was great. It was quiet. I felt pretty good staying there. It is very close to stores, gas stations, malls, and etc. My boyfriend drives a semi truck and he was able to find parking there.
I had a small issue with being charged for the safe, but within a couple of days the money was refunded back to me.
The beds are comfy. The bathroom was a little worn but when there are tons and tons of travelers using them I wasn't expecting golden faucets. There was an odd smell on the first floor's stairwell. The odds and ends of people's trash were there as well. Only was there one day that we came back down the stairs to still see the same trash there. The hallways were quiet. Even when the maids were cleaning the rooms I could hear very muffled sounds. That isn't to say they were talking loudly. They were quite quiet. I only knew they were cleaning because I'd leave my room and see them in the hallways. Other than that it was quiet. I can not stress how important that a quiet stay is for me. The front desk people were always very friendly too.
My wants and needs are different from others, but I will stay here again.
I loved my stay and my boyfriend did too!

Room Tip: If you're worried about seeing your car from the parking lot just request it. The desk clerks ar...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Raleigh Southwest Cary Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I travel solo a couple times a year & stay at budget hotels, so I thought I knew what to expect with my stay. I'd stayed at another Red Roof Inn before and was pleasantly surprised with the room. At the Cary location, the hallway to my room had a bad odor,like a hold your breath & run to your room bad, but as long as the room didn't smell that way, it was tolerable. The room itself did have an odor, but spraying my perfume multiple times helped. The bed was clean (other than a dark stain on the end of the comforter), and comfortable. There were spider webs all throughout the room, including a large one in the corner by the A/C unit. Heck, one was being formed from one of the pillows to the lamp at the beside overnight. Not something you want to wake up to! The outside of the tub was pretty dirty, too, with what I hope was mud. The plug for the tub didn't stay up on it's own & I had to prop it up in order to drain. Water pressure was terrible (showered early evening), but fortunately the water stayed warm the entire time I was showering.

My biggest complaint is the fact I stepped on a shard of glass in my room near the work station. I had noticed it wasn't clean under the desk, but this was in the middle of the room as I changed into my pajamas. I'd already been in the room for hours & after I changed, I was walking to the work station when I felt a sharp pain in my foot. I sat down to see what it was & there was glass sticking out of my foot! I pulled the glass out & the blood poured. I had a band-aid in my purse, so I cleaned the wound & put on the band-aid. After a half an hour, my foot was starting to swell, so I went to the front desk to see if they had anything for me. I was told they didn't have a first aid kit at all (later found out there is one, but for employees only). The man working the desk told me I could go to a gas station & buy antibiotic ointment. At midnight. Alone. The next morning at check-out, the room was discounted by $15 and I was given an apology. A week later, my foot was still swollen and sore. I eventually did hear from a manager, he was the the one who told me the kit was for employees only. All he did was barely offer an I'm sorry.

A hotel should have a first aid kit at the front desk for guests when something happens. An evening that had been so exciting and memorable turned memorable for all the wrong reasons due to lax housecleaning.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Raleigh Southwest Cary Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Atlanta
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The lower price for a basic clean room attracted us - we are there just to sleep, shower and leave in the morning. It is off a very quiet exit and backs up to a wooded area. The location was convenient for NCSU. There are two buildings, the main one where you check in and a separate one. We stayed in the separate one and it seemed older and not as secure. You just walk in - no need for your key to access, and no front desk.We are used to seeing a little more secure doors at hotels. The room had a super comfortable bed and was able to totally darken which made for a great night's sleep. Bare bones basic - no coffee pot, no hair dryer, only two towels for two people. There are few electrical outlets - none by my bedside and none by the dresser. I had to charge my phone near the hall entrance and put it on the floor to keep it near my side of the bed. Wifi was fine and we did not visit the breakfast area in the main hotel building.We might come back, but then again we might stay somewhere just a tad nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building, and the back side of it which is devoid of outside lights, so your room...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Raleigh Southwest Cary Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

We have recently added electrical convenience outlets to all our rooms by the bedside and the door you mentioned was repaired.

Thank you again for responding and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Independence, Iowa
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Had read some bad press and reviews but took a chance due to location. The standard room was larger than expected and very clean. Great value. Not many ammenities but for price point, none were expected. As other reviews noted, some upgrades and some older fixtuures but very clean. Midweek stay was very quiet.

• Stayed August 2013

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Rooms of average size and good good room-service.
The Lobby ist simple but effektive and the possibility of WLAN all over the Hotel and Even in the coffee corner is a valuable advantage.
Good performance for reasonable costs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was the second time I stayed at this location while in town for business and both times I was pleasantly suprised great value. The rooms were very clean, the front desk staff was friendly and extremely helpful and the cleaning staff were courteous and very good at their jobs. I usually travel to Raleigh/Cary 8-10 times a year and I will definitely be staying at this location again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
I appreciate your comments concerning your recent stay. Thank you for sharing your experience, I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Fulton, New York
Reviewed 25 May 2013

your staff were very helpful, what ever we need they were there for us. we were here for 5 days and your staff were there for us. we had come here to a wedding. we did not know our way around Cary . Stephan at the desk made us copies of the correct directions to follow to get to different place and recommended places eat and see. He deserves a raise ,promotion or something for all his helpfulness . Hamila was also helpful as well. your cleaning staff on our 2nd floor did a wonderful job taking care of us we had three rooms, as well. please notify them of their GOOD WORK.

Room Tip: maybe a hair dryer in the room. Stephan did give me one to borrow at the desk thou
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you for responding and I'm glad the staff was able to take care of your needs. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.