“A Good Value”

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Morven, N. C.
“A Good Value”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have found my numerous visits to the RR Inn on Walnut Street very satisfactory. The staff there has always been ready to go the extra mile to help and the facility has been upfitted in recent times to make it more up to date. Among the staff, Halima, Amelia, and Stefan have always shown exemplary service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will pass along the comments and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Upon arriving at this hotel my overall impression was that it appeared to be clean and well maintained not to mention the price was a steal for two nights at 119.00. The room keys proved to be amusing to my spouse. As we entered the building in which our room was located we were overwhelmed by the smell of weed in the hallway and when I say it was strong trust it was strong which presented a problem because we had our kids with us so we hurried them to our room. Once in our room and after I unloaded the car my spouse wanted to wind down with a hot bath, she went to run her self some water and then called out to me to explain to her my opinion of what was in the tub...to me it first appeared as rust stains which would have been somewhat okay to deal with but still issue yet these were not rust stains. My guess is someone decided to slide their bare bottom around in the tub and left behind a trail of fecal stains. So we called the front desk and were moved to another room. The new room was clean no stains in the tub yet the television had a mind of its own it would cut off and change channels on its on and at times just lose its signal altogether, being I am not a fan of much television I was not concerned yet I had my kids with me and it was hell keeping them entertained.

Room Tip: I suggest you learn how to create an alternate { MAC ] address if you want to link a gaming console...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. We are indeed in the process of re-finishing some of our tubs to remedy the situation you described. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.
Cary, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Cary, NC on 1/3/14 overnight. I was visually pleased with the laminate flooring, carpet and overall appearance of the room. The bed was very comfortable as well. They will even give up a wake up call!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the comments and we forward to having you stay with us again.
Gaffney, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I needed a hotel in Cary NC and everything was booked. I found Red Roof Inn in Cary had a vacancy and the price was excellent. I was a little concerned because the price was so low and some of the reviews were not great. I took the chance and was very very pleased. The hotel staff was wonderful. The hotel was clean, modern and in a great location. It was not fancy but much more than I ever expected. The beds were comfortable, decor was simple but very clean and well maintained. There was a flat screen tv. The WIFI was good. The hotel had been newly remodeled. You didn't have to hunt for outlets to charge electronics. It across from great food options and shopping. I had my teenage daughter and husband with me and they were happy with the hotel as well. During down time, my husband watched Football and my daughter and I Christmas shopped across the street. I will stay at Red Roof Inn anytime I am in the area.

Room Tip: The 4th floor of the main building was quiet and we could not hear traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
I'm glad to hear that you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed the room during your recent visit to the area. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you're in the area.
Columbia, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Even thought I had a problem signing up for your 40th Anniversary promotion online, the staff at the Cary location made it good (I had saved the Code #)! I have moved away from Cary, but have been coming back for the past two years to see my doctors every 6 months, staying at the Cary RRI. The discount was very beneficial to me. I do enjoy getting your emails with their special discount notices. Keep them coming. I am totally excited that you have remodeled! The only thing I would like to see would be a better tasting coffee, please? Maybe you'll decide to put a small 2-person coffee pot in the room. I would not mind having to "check" it out from the reservation desk and bring my own coffee.

Room Tip: We like the room at the end of the hall, next to the end door. You can drive up close to the door to...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the comments and I'm glad to hear that you found the promotional material beneficial. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Sorrento, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed here about four years ago and it was not good. Dirty mostly. When I was going to Cary again, I read recent reviews and decided to try it again. It was much much better. Very clean this time. Comfortable beds. I like the interior corridors because I travel alone a lot. You can tell they made some efforts with renovation. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and are pleased with the improvements that we've made. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn last year and it was in the middle of a refurb. I have to say that a year later, the improvements have made all the difference in the world. The room I stayed in was totally updated and looked great.

As usual the room was clean, the bed extremely comfortable, and the staff very friendly. If there was anything that could be added to this room it is some pictures for the walls. They were pretty stark and could use a little color.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the comments and I'm pleased to hear that you like the improvements.
Thanks for the suggestions and it is something that we are considering for future upgrades.