“DON'T STAY HERE UNLESS YOU ARE DESPERATE”

Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Asheville, North Carolina
“DON'T STAY HERE UNLESS YOU ARE DESPERATE”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I've never stayed in a RRA and I won't be staying in one again. Someone else made this reservation. Checked in after 6 hours on the road with 6 teenagers. In our room...there are NO working lightbulbs except in the bathroom. Front desk says you're only staying the night right...like that would be okay. No we are supposed to stay 3 nights for NC state Robotic compeition. He says we will have to wait for someone from mainentance to come in the morning. REALLY???
Oh...and there are NO Towels in our room...not one. Oh he says we can come to the next building and get some.
I change clothes go outside to the next building and he sees no reason for me to be upset.
Well... there's bargins and then there's plain unexceptable at any price. Hotel? Hostel?

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you are desperate
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I'm very sorry for the issues encountered on your recent stay. I'm conducting a detailed investigation into what you described to ensure that we don't repeat such events in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Mooresville
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I wanted to give a good review as I am not in the habit of staying where I would have to give a bad one BUT no this place is lacking in keeping the place clean. I mean it was not the worst but certainly not very good. There was a big bag of garbage right outside the elevator door when we checked in and still there the next day! Room was kind of dusty and did not feel very clean. The room down the hall had kids running in and out of the room slamming doors and it was just so annoying. Talk about a DIRTY parking lot..Cigarette butts EVERYWHERE..I am sorry but they could do better than this.The one entrance that you were supposed to need a key to open the door was unlocked! People could just walk in. Toilet flushed very slow.Wires were hanging out of wall.It was really a dissapointing stay and I always check Trip Advisor. I just do not get the "clean" reviews. We just did not find it. Carpet coming off elevator was dirty and needed vaccuming. I would not ever want to stay there again. I have stayed at two other Red Roofs in different towns and they were clean!! There were a couple broken bottles with glass laying there both days also! Where are the cleaning crews? Now as far as the location..it was great area!! Hopefully they can get this place back in some kind of order and clean..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience; please accept my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence and assure you that this was an exception to our normal standards.

Morven, N. C.
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have found my numerous visits to the RR Inn on Walnut Street very satisfactory. The staff there has always been ready to go the extra mile to help and the facility has been upfitted in recent times to make it more up to date. Among the staff, Halima, Amelia, and Stefan have always shown exemplary service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will pass along the comments and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you're in the area.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Upon arriving at this hotel my overall impression was that it appeared to be clean and well maintained not to mention the price was a steal for two nights at 119.00. The room keys proved to be amusing to my spouse. As we entered the building in which our room was located we were overwhelmed by the smell of weed in the hallway and when I say it was strong trust it was strong which presented a problem because we had our kids with us so we hurried them to our room. Once in our room and after I unloaded the car my spouse wanted to wind down with a hot bath, she went to run her self some water and then called out to me to explain to her my opinion of what was in the tub...to me it first appeared as rust stains which would have been somewhat okay to deal with but still issue yet these were not rust stains. My guess is someone decided to slide their bare bottom around in the tub and left behind a trail of fecal stains. So we called the front desk and were moved to another room. The new room was clean no stains in the tub yet the television had a mind of its own it would cut off and change channels on its on and at times just lose its signal altogether, being I am not a fan of much television I was not concerned yet I had my kids with me and it was hell keeping them entertained.

Room Tip: I suggest you learn how to create an alternate { MAC ] address if you want to link a gaming console...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. We are indeed in the process of re-finishing some of our tubs to remedy the situation you described. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.
Cary, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Cary, NC on 1/3/14 overnight. I was visually pleased with the laminate flooring, carpet and overall appearance of the room. The bed was very comfortable as well. They will even give up a wake up call!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the comments and we forward to having you stay with us again.
Gaffney, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I needed a hotel in Cary NC and everything was booked. I found Red Roof Inn in Cary had a vacancy and the price was excellent. I was a little concerned because the price was so low and some of the reviews were not great. I took the chance and was very very pleased. The hotel staff was wonderful. The hotel was clean, modern and in a great location. It was not fancy but much more than I ever expected. The beds were comfortable, decor was simple but very clean and well maintained. There was a flat screen tv. The WIFI was good. The hotel had been newly remodeled. You didn't have to hunt for outlets to charge electronics. It across from great food options and shopping. I had my teenage daughter and husband with me and they were happy with the hotel as well. During down time, my husband watched Football and my daughter and I Christmas shopped across the street. I will stay at Red Roof Inn anytime I am in the area.

Room Tip: The 4th floor of the main building was quiet and we could not hear traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
I'm glad to hear that you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed the room during your recent visit to the area. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you're in the area.
Columbia, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Even thought I had a problem signing up for your 40th Anniversary promotion online, the staff at the Cary location made it good (I had saved the Code #)! I have moved away from Cary, but have been coming back for the past two years to see my doctors every 6 months, staying at the Cary RRI. The discount was very beneficial to me. I do enjoy getting your emails with their special discount notices. Keep them coming. I am totally excited that you have remodeled! The only thing I would like to see would be a better tasting coffee, please? Maybe you'll decide to put a small 2-person coffee pot in the room. I would not mind having to "check" it out from the reservation desk and bring my own coffee.

Room Tip: We like the room at the end of the hall, next to the end door. You can drive up close to the door to...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the comments and I'm glad to hear that you found the promotional material beneficial. We look forward to having you stay with us again.