“A Little Smelly” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A Little Smelly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

i stayed in a room on the bottom floor which i did request however it would have been nice if they had told me in advance that the room was pet friendly the entire downstairs smelled llike dog to me not a fan of doggy smell

Room Tip: get the dog smell out or don't rent those rooms to people who do not have pets
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
I'm sorry for the issue concerning the odor. We're actively taking measures to resolve such issues, which can be a challenge. Thanks for letting us know and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ontario, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed at the Red Roof for 3 nights last weekend. THe hotel was decent. Clean but signs of aging in some areas. Very convenient to restaurants and shopping. I do have to give acknowledgement to the front desk attendant Stephan. He really went out of his way to obtain a specific room type that I needed. Thank you Stephan!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We look forward to having you stay with us again and I'll pass along the comments.
Kure Beach, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband picked this hotel, because it was cheap..and we got worse than what we paid for. The tub was so permanently stained, it looked like someone had used it instead of the toilet. The room in general was dirty, and the hallway smelled terrible; but the worst part was the stained sheets. Obviously two or more people had sex on the bed, then the bed was made without changing the linens. I'm still sick, just thinking about it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
I'm very sorry for the issues. I'd like more information so that I can investigate the matter in more detail, so that we can ensure that we don't have such occurrences in the future. Feel free to contact me at (919)469-3400.

Jeff Horne
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful, beyond that, you are on your own. Some light bulbs not working, cleaning staff should notice that. Had coffee maker in room, but no coffee. Had bathroom with tub but no shower curtain. Place has potential.

Room Tip: Very noisy at night in 2nd building. Room doors don't close properly, so guests had to slam the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the response. I'm sorry things did not meet your expectations and we working to correct the issues mentioned.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I was hesitant to stay here due to recent bad reviews. I will admit the afternoon staff was a little rude when I attempted to make a reservation, but I shrugged it off and came.

The lobby was neat and tidy. The lady at the desk was a little stand offish at first but warmed up quickly.

My room was clean and the best part....HARDWOOD FLOORS! So awesome! Will definitely stay here again and spread the word to family and friends.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us the review. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Danielsville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

The room was immaculate and Clean smelling. The front desk staff was top notch. I Booked again for another week stay. Stephon at front desk very professional and helpful. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Schaefferman987
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for the comments. I'll be sure to pass along your comments to our staff.
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I've never stayed in a RRA and I won't be staying in one again. Someone else made this reservation. Checked in after 6 hours on the road with 6 teenagers. In our room...there are NO working lightbulbs except in the bathroom. Front desk says you're only staying the night right...like that would be okay. No we are supposed to stay 3 nights for NC state Robotic compeition. He says we will have to wait for someone from mainentance to come in the morning. REALLY???
Oh...and there are NO Towels in our room...not one. Oh he says we can come to the next building and get some.
I change clothes go outside to the next building and he sees no reason for me to be upset.
Well... there's bargins and then there's plain unexceptable at any price. Hotel? Hostel?

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you are desperate
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I'm very sorry for the issues encountered on your recent stay. I'm conducting a detailed investigation into what you described to ensure that we don't repeat such events in the future.