“Nice stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Cary
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wife, son, and myself stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while visiting family during Memorial Day weekend. Didn't know what to expect from some of the negative reviews, and especially when we checked in, we noticed a wedding party and college baseball teams were staying the same weekend. However, we were pleasantly surprised and except for some early morning noise (doors tend to slam and could be more sound proof) we had a wonderful stay. The room was clean and comfortable, with excellent maid service each day. Check in and check out were a breeze and the desk and breakfast staff were friendly and efficient. " Made to order" breakfasts were included in our room rate and a definite step above the usual complimentary continental
breakfasts often found at other hotels. Pool and exercise areas were clean and well kept up.
Also, one morning, on our way down to breakfast, we smelled an odor of urine near the third floor elevator (drunk wedding guest perhaps?) however, by the time we finished breakfast and returned to our rooms the area was clean and the odor gone! Plenty of free parking in well lit lot and close to stores and restaurants. For the price we had a very nice stay, and will definitely stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Amulya S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear William S,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I and our two kids (19 months and 3 year old)stayed for a family affair as well as my husband's birthday. My husband is a police officer and we received the government rate. Check in was a breeze, front desk lady was delightful. First night was terrible. There was a loud gurgling noise coming from the toilet every 5 minutes. Scared the kids senseless throughout the night and hardly slept. Next morning I explained to the front desk what happened and she told me that she will have maintenance look at it and if it cannot be fixed by that night we would be moved. We came back from our outing that afternoon for the kid's nap and the problem was not addressed. I called the front desk and it seemed like she forgot. The maintenance man came 15 minutes later and spent 3 minutes tinkering with the toilet (came with no tools). He claimed he fixed it and left (wouldn't wait to hear if it still made that noise). Of course as soon as he left, the noise continued. I called the front desk and explained that at this point naptimes were way over and we had to get ready to leave for the celebrations. We asked to be moved so that when we returned the kids and we could have a good night. She proceeds to tell me that all rooms "with our rate"are booked. She sends the maintenance man again and this time he shows up 20 minutes later with a packaged item he says he bought that would for sure fix the problem. At this point we are running late getting ready as we had to wait to take showers. The problem was fixed thankfully. We ran late to the party though and when the next morning came, I told the front desk what happened and she apologized. I expected perhaps a breakfast morning to be comped or something but nothing was offered. I expected more from Hilton and feel as if we were dealt the short end of the stick because we had a government rate.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Karen H

Dear Karen H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a HHonors member, you are our most valued guest. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel was great! Staff was wonderful, location is outstanding, bunch of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Great grounds and upfront parking. Will return for sure. Speed of service was outstanding, just an overall great experience, even with a full hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Brian J,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the hotel experience to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This property is lovely and new and feels as though it is a much better choice than the visibly older Doubletree next door. The staff were lovely and welcoming and Hilton Honors status recognition was great. The suite was nice, though the design with the lounge room is quite odd. it felt very strange to have no natural light in this room. I appreciate that this isn't something that really can't be changed. I found the sleep system beds to be really terrible - they should really get rid of these. It is really hard to find the correct softness and it seems as though it is really too soft or far too hard. Wasn't really a fan of these! The dinner in the restaurant was lovely, very enjoyable and great service. Breakfast was okay, but could have done with an extra server. Overall, an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ryan S,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the hotel, staff and amenities to your liking. We also apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the bed system in your room. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was definitely THE BEST hotel my husband and I have stayed at over the years. The staff was friendly, and the hotel was very clean. Our room was beautiful. It was updated and I loved how the curtains provided complete darkness. The breakfast was great! Lots of options for food and beverages. You must go to the pool/hot tub. The water used is sea water! Within walking distance are a few restaurants to eat, and places to shop. There is a target, Starbucks, Noodles and Company, Chik-fil-a, Music and Arts, Steinmart, and even a movie theater. Great place, and great stay. If we are ever in the Cary area, we know where to stay!

Dear misscarriebaby,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the entire hotel experience to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

One of the best hotel I had ever stay. The staff members are quite helpful with guidance to what the hotel has to offer. I recommend the Hilton Garden Inn for anyone who stay in the Raleigh or Cary area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Thong X,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

we had adjoining rooms with my husband and son and there air conditioning was below the curtain like normal but my room with me and my daughter was awful because the air vent was up in the sky above the TV blowing in our faces.to addition to that we also had another air vent against the wall blowing in our faces too. this air blowing in my face kept me up until about 5 or 6 am in the morning causing me to not be able to go to a special mothers day church reception and ruined my mothers day. we did not have a fan in our bathroom but the other room did and I could barely breath with all of the steam and had to keep the door open every time I took a shower. the tub was very slippery and I almost fell down and had to put a towel down so I wouldn't fall.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Amulya S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello Marlon S,

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Amulya Singh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cary
DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
SpringHill Suites Raleigh Cary
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary
The Umstead Hotel and Spa

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary? Share your experiences!