“Wonderful Flavors”

KoMo KoMo
Cuisines: American, French, Korean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are proud to bring our seasonal menu! BEST soups in Triangle!Signature dishes are Korean Rice Bowl, Ginger lemon grass Creme Brule which is very French.. No one can resist.Chef Jae and his wife, El, are very enthusiastic to bring "Not a typical fine dining". Everyone is welcome to enjoy our excellent food and service in a very cozy dining room. Wednesday Tea service is very exclusive. Reservation for weekends are appreciated.
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The combination of Korean and French flavors is truly wonderful.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I guess we're not the only ones who love this little restaurant. I guess you could call it gourmet Korean. Ssam (beef or pork) to wrap in cabbage and lettuce leaves. Bibimbop with beef or pork or tofu. There's even bulgoki bibimbop. All served with savory pickles, mild kimchi, noodles or over a superbly flavored rice,. In fact, the chef/owner used to work at Washington Duke Inn where they served "forbidden rice" which was a favorite of mine and a very close relative of the rice at KoMo KoMo. I have yet to try the lobster ravioli or bouillabaisse but I'm sure I'll get around to them soon. This is one restaurant where everything sounds so good, I'd like to try one of everything.

The room is light and bright and service is efficient and caring. We're not people who order at the counter and sit down and wait for food to be served, but we do it here. If we had to, we'd bring our own plates.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Can you imagine Korean dishes with French twists (or French dishes with an Asian twist)?

Tip: they serve no alcohol. The grocery nearby sells no chilled wines, but KoMo KoMo will chill it for you. Small corkage fee (I think it was $5).

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I went with 2 friends and we decided to share a bunch of appetizers and entrees. We started with the sweet potato soup which was very rich and rather sweet. The shrimp and corn casserole was rich and wonderful. The lettuce wraps were light and savory. For entrees we got the seafood bouillabaisse (nice and fresh), a rice cake dish (flavorful and a little spicy), and a pork bibimbop. The bibimbop was tasty but given a choice I prefer a little more traditional version. We forced ourselves to try the ginger lemongrass brulee and it was well worth it.

We were expecting Korean/French fusion and it's not. Each dish is either Korean or French. The manager and waitress were very helpful. They continually asked us what we thought of each dish and were very attentive. There were only a few tables in use the night we were there but a glowing review was published in the local paper the very next day so I expect business to pick up. I don't usually head to Cary for dinner but this place is definitely worth going back. My only complaint would be that the food was a little slow but it was worth the wait.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

We are regulars at Komo Komo--been there about 5 times within the past 2 months--and I just have to rave about this hidden gem tucked away in Preston near Neo China. This, I believe, is their first attempt at running a restaurant, so there is definitely room for improvement on the bus management side, but I give it a 5 star with respect to the chef's artistry. Their refined cuisine is truly ineffable and is comparable to the quality one would find at New York's most highly acclaimed restaurants, such as Meridian and Nobu, where an average meal costs approx $100+.

We've tried just about everything on the menu: carnivores will relish the savory pan seared rib-eye and exotic korean cuisine called b-bop and ssam, and seafood lovers will delight in bouillabaisse--seafood stew--and crab lobster ravioli w/citrus beuree blanc. Everything is sensational and tantalizing, particularly the desserts. Ten minute wait for the heavenly desserts are worth it as they come straight from the oven. Belgian chocolate brownie with bourbon caramel sauce is to die for--crispy on the outside and steamy/moist/warm on the inside. Honestly, if my husband had a heart attack in front of me, I wouldn't have noticed. Okay, a sick joke, but you get the point. I also absolutely love the lemongrass crème brule--never tasted a better brule in my life and i have tried many!!

My fastidious husband couldn't contain himself and asked to speak with the chef, who was gracious enough join us for 10+ minutes. We learned that he worked with the highly acclaimed French chefs in New York and VA and worked as a chef at 5 star restaurants here in Raleigh: Fin and Mint restaurants. There is no doubt this chef has the training, the experience, and raw talent to be a successful restaurateur, and we should feel fortunate to have a big-city talent so close to home. I have never written a restaurant review before, and my personal agenda for doing so now is to ensure Komo Komo stays in business. Those who truly understand and appreciate fine cuisine will love this place!!

I lament they don’t serve wine, but this works as an advantage as I can bring my own choice of wine.

The place is tastefully decorated with great choice of soothing jazz music in the background. They have recently added candle light on every table, which I was thrilled to see. Bread basket with savory sauce is also an addition. yeah!!

As for service, they get an A++!! The waiters I've had were professional, knowledgeable, attentive, and pleasant. When we eat out, we value our dining experience, so we tend to stay for hours. Never once did we feel rushed or unappreciated. Servers are not brash, superficial, nor pushy, which is the case in many restaurants around here. My thumbs up on service!!

This place has high potential to be a 5 star restaurant regardless of their poor location.

2  Thank lisa l