“Fabulous”

KoMo KoMo
Cuisines: Asian, Korean, French, American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are proud to bring our seasonal menu! BEST soups in Triangle!Signature dishes are Korean Rice Bowl, Ginger lemon grass Creme Brule which is very French.. No one can resist.Chef Jae and his wife, El, are very enthusiastic to bring "Not a typical fine dining". Everyone is welcome to enjoy our excellent food and service in a very cozy dining room. Wednesday Tea service is very exclusive. Reservation for weekends are appreciated.
Raleigh, NC
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I ate with my family (wife and 2 grown sons) at KoMo KoMo on a Friday evening. The restaurant was quite busy but thankfully we had made reservations. It's located in a strip mall anchored by a Kroger, but the interior is very pleasantly decorated and a little upscale. What really recommends this place, in addition to the excellent and attentive service, is the quality of the food. The restaurant has a French/Korean fusion menu that provides a range of price options, from affordable (bulgolgi or bibimbop with soup, for example, at $14) to dishes such as Joues de Boeuf Confites (Braised Veal Cheek) at $33. My wife ordered the braised veal cheek at my insistence and thought it was the most tender veal she's ever eaten (my own bite of it confirmed: it melts in your mouth). Our other dishes--DokkBbokki, Beef Bulgogi Bibimbop, and Korean Rib Steak with Bok Choy, Jade Rice and Soy Ginger Reduction--were excellent and beautifully prepared. For appetizers, we had the lettuce wraps (Ssam) and an order of chicken dumplings--both were terrific. The lettuce wraps come as an order of three, with the filling on an open lettuce leaf, which you roll up and eat. There's a good wine and beer list. Two of us also ordered the sweet potato soup after reading the rave reviews, and were not disappointed. The only odd thing was that some meals come with miso soup, and one of us who ordered the potato soup also got the miso soup. It might be helpful for the restaurant to figure that problem out. Overall, KoMo KoMo offered a great dining experience and although we did splurge a little on our orders, it was worth every cent.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DoctorCompRhet

“Great lunch experience”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

First time here. Lunch with friend. Both of us tried the soup and sandwich combo. Sandwiches were excellent and the sweet potato soup was particularly good. Food arrived quickly and server was professional and friendly. Very clean. Excellent value. Will definitely return.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ferrisnc
Cary, North Carolina
“love trip advisor”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

this restaurant is down the street from our house and we didn't even know it existed. one of the best meals we've had in a while!! food was fantastic! very different! definitely will be going back!

• Visited December 2012
Raleigh
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We went on a Friday not knowing what to expect. OMG. The food and service were fantastic. Our waiter was very helpful in describing dishes we had never had like BiBimBob.

We'll definitely go back.

• Visited July 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Who knew?”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I came here a while back on a Friday Night with my girlfriend of 2 years and been meaning to write a review.
We walked in and were like where are the lights in this place. That is one thing I did not like about it; it was a bit dark.
The music set the scene of our date. I loved how it was relaxing.
We started off with the spring rolls and chicken dumplings.
it was good but i was expecting GREAT.
Then my main meal was the Asian Noodle Salad. I have always had an infatuation with Korean food. So I have tried many Asian Noodle Salad's in the past and this was delicious. My girlfriend got the Korean Rib Steak, she really was expecting a different taste from the "American Steak". I really did not see the french part about it Komo Komo, but that is just me.
You should really go there and try it for yourself, but i am still looking for the BEST Korean Restaurant out there.

• Visited October 2012