“Excellent Thai!”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Cary, North Carolina
“Excellent Thai!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stopped by on a whim while my wife was driving thru McDonalds. I ordered the TOM-YUM-THAI SALAD which was tremendous and the KANOM JEEB (THAI DUMPLING) Steamed Dumplings which were the best I've ever had.

I got "to go" and it was very fast. While the outside is unassuming the inside is nicely decorated. I'm definitely coming back for dinner!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ASP_NC

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Love this place”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Great wait staff, awesome food. Very nice Thai restaurant with great staff and food. The location is really destination only and if you didn't know where it was you probably wouldn't notice it but it is well worth finding your way to. The green papaya salad is awesome and I love their thai tea. The Panang is awesome as is the Massaman Curry dish. I really haven't had anything that I didn't like.

Visited May 2013
Beckley, West Virginia
“Terrific Thai....Yum is the operative word!”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I am not someone who has had a lot of Thai food, but I've been curious about it. A few weeks ago, I visited another Thai restaurant in Cary, and it was okay, but nothing to rave over. I stumbled across Tom Yum Thai and decided to give it a try, and boy, am I glad I did!

The outside of the building looks like it may have been a Hardees or something like that at some point, but it's been decorated nicely with exotic grasses and Asian touches. The inside is very nice, with pleasant music.

I didn't know exactly what to order, so I decided on just an appetizer, chicken satay with peanut sauce. The chicken was marinated with delicious spices, and the sauce was tasty with bits of peanuts mixed in.

I liked the satay so much that I wanted to try something else, so I asked for the Tom Yum lemongrass soup. Now, bear in mind that I generally dislike anything that might be considered to be good for you. When the soup came, it was pretty...a clear lemongrass broth with lots of strips of chicken, slices of mushrooms (and I usually hate mushrooms), scallions, and bits of Thai chilis. Oh, my! I fell in love with this soup! I can't wait to go back to Cary and have another bowl! There was the tang of the lemongrass, the meatiness of the chicken and mushrooms, and the freshness of the scallions and chilis...what's not to love!

Throughout my meal, servers kept stopping to see if I needed anything and if I was happy with what I had. When the check was brought to me, there was a tiny piece of hard candy, guava flavored...I even loved that.

I WILL be back...again and again!

• Visited June 2013
london
“Poor quality of Chicken”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Prep was nice but the chicken was rather chewy and too old perhaps. We were a group of 6 and had ordered variety of dishes. I tasted some. Not authentic Thai but not too bad tasting either.

• Visited May 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Great Thai - super lunch specials and friendly people”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We're from California so I have high expectations of restaurants. I had liked Tangerine Cafe when we moved to Cary a year and a half ago but have been disappointed there lately. My father and I went to Tom Yum Thai and were were happy with our meal and plan to return. We each had a lunch special which was a great deal for a small salad with delicious peanut dressing, unlimited iced tea, and a generous portion of an entree and rice, for under $8. I had the Masaman curry in coconut milk with potato, onions, and cashews (plus I had mine with tofu). I love flavorful but not spicy food and they did a great job with that. My father ordered THAI CASHEW NUT: Cashew nuts, celery and scallions sautéed in chef's favorite sauce (with chicken) and ordered his extra spicy. He said it was delicious. We shared a homemade coconut ice cream which was great, but a bit pricy at $6. We'll be back!

• Visited February 2013