“Nice addition to central Cary”

La Casa de las Enchiladas mexican restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Good, authentic, Mexican food. Friendly staff, clean, spacious interior. Interior is somewhat bland (aside from the sparsely decorated beige/white wall). Overall, an enjoyable experience. Give it a try.

1  Thank Walt T

Reviewed 21 December 2012

My family and went to dinner the other night and found a mixed reaction. This may have to do with they being somewhat new but there is room to improve. The flour tortillas I got were overdone and hard on the edges and stuck together. The flavor of our food was good and although I understand Spanish my family doesn't. That being the case the menu is difficult to read and understand. They need to fix that. Service was EXCELLENT, atmosphere was very comfortable. We all agreed we'd give it another try in the near future.

1  Thank rslopez1
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We went to La Casa de Las Enchiladas on Friday night and it was not crowded. Here is what I can share:
The staff is very friendly. Home made corn tortillas melt in your mouth. Chips are nice and crisp and Mexican guacamole (some people call it avocado salsa) is very good. We also enjoyed the salsa bar where you can pick a sauce to your liking from mild to insanely hot.
On the down side: the regular salsa tastes just like a tomato paste. No flavor, no spice. The food is very bland. I had fish tacos and they had absolutely no flavor. Adding the sauce helped to a degree. Refried beans had no flavor no matter what you added.
However my husband complemented his beef tacos and my daughter didn't complain about her chicken enchiladas. So I guess if you don't like spicy food you might enjoy the place. As for me I wouldn't mind going back if I am not hungry.

1  Thank Ms Masha B
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Just visited for 1st time and lunch was wonderful! "Sampler Platter" offers a ton of food, delicious and good value. Homemade salsa's were fabulous and the hand rolled tortilla's were outstanding. Service was good, owner came over to see if I had any questions. I will be back for sure, but with family, friends AND clients. Only draw back was the "rock n roll" music, which I normally love, seemed inappropriate for a Mexican restaurant...but it was a minor distraction. OUTSTANDING experience and I highly recommend you give it a try!

1  Thank manolo360