“Queso Good, Cheeseburger Taco Good, Closing of Restaurant Bad!!”
Review of Taqueria del Sol - CLOSED

Taqueria del Sol
Cuisines: Mexican
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Queso Good, Cheeseburger Taco Good, Closing of Restaurant Bad!!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Why did you guys have to close? This was the best restaurant in Crossroads. The queso was fantastic and I loved the special taco of the week. The Cheeseburger taco was a unique flavor I had never had on flour tortilla before. I will miss this place dearly.

Visited April 2014

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Sad to say TAQUERIA DEL SOL IS CLOSED.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I don't know why. Taqueria del Sol was always busy when we were there, and we were there fairly often. And their beef brisket tacos were heavy with shredded brisket meat, beautifully cooked. About a year ago, they told us they were opening another place in Durham but that never happened. Guess we'll have to find someplace else for our taco fix. Too bad. We loved this place.

• Visited April 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not for Vegetarians or Families”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We tried this restaurant because we were caught out on a Sunday with two hungry kids (ugh) - it had available seating and we were sold.

The first thing I noticed was the small menu, which I don't mind at all, but there were two vegetarian options. I ordered the vegetarian tacos, which actually had no vegetables on them - refried beans and cheese. Seriously. My husband ordered the fried chicken tacos and he said they were tasty. We also ordered the salsa trio ($4 for a basket of chips and three salsas that would usually be complimentary at other Mexican restaurants).

The shocker was the kids menu. It shows the meal options, sides, and beverage choices. No prices listed whatsoever on it, so I incorrectly assumed the kids meal included all three. Their cheese quesadillas were a SMALL flour tortilla with melted cheese served in a basket. The person taking my order misunderstood when I ordered the rice sides with the kids meals, because only one was included (just as well, it was not good Spanish rice). It just seems ridiculous to pay a'la carte for kids menu items, especially to pay $3.00 for a tiny tortilla filled with cheese.

Last, as we were sitting waiting for our food, I observed many empty boxes piled in a corner at the bar, and dirty towels underneath the ice machine. It seems very unsanitary.

Be upfront about your menu pricing, and would it really hurt to have a few zucchini and carrots on hand to put into a "vegetarian" taco? We won't be going back here, too many other excellent Mexican restaurant options in the triangle.

“Yummy”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The menu was limited but the tacos and enchiladas were fantastic! Also a fun environment. I definitely recommend.

Visited January 2014
Cary, North Carolina, United States
“Just Okay”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

There's definitely better Mexican in the area. I'd try the taquerias on Maynard or El Toro off of Tryon Road in Raleigh.

I thought the food was tasty, but there wasn't much of a selection and also at $10 for lunch (2 tacos/drink/chips) was pretty pricey.

Kind of a sterile environment.

• Visited August 2013