“Just plain good!”
Review of Dean's Kitchen+Bar

Dean's Kitchen+Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Dean's Kitchen+Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 476 Restaurants in Cary
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cary Parkway
Description: Locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. Creative comfort eats. A place to wind down and savor life, family and friends. That’s what Dean’s Kitchen+Bar is all about. Enjoy one of our chef-created lunch or dinner entrees, or choose to build your own plate the way you like it. Want a taste of what to expect? Made-to-order sweet potato biscuits with country ham, pimento cheese and homemade jam. North Carolina oysters, shrimp, monkfish and trout. Slow braised beef short ribs, wood-grilled pork ribs, chicken & waffles, and house ground burger. Nashville hot fish sandwich, fish and pork tacos, and crab cake sandwich. There’s plenty more where that came from. Come to the Kitchen and celebrate good food. Lunch + Dinner + Sunday Brunch + $3 Craft Beers
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great mussels and bread, salad was tasty and a reasonable size. Service was very good. I'll go back for sure

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We've been here twice - the first time I was not overwhelmed by the food for what it cost, but I felt it was worth trying again. Our second trip was much better and we were very pleased with the service and the food.

As some have mentioned in other reviews, the menu is strangely organized and they can be a bit hit and miss with the sides, but the small problem that we had was quickly and graciously resolved. One might argue that it's not the best seafood restaurant in the world, but I think it's safe to rank it as the best in Cary, and a top three contender in the Raleigh area.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Wonderful Sunday brunch - with a fantastic selection of favorites, made to order omelets, sausage, bacon, french toast, waffles, oysters, ribs, shrimp, salmon, pastries and my favorite bread pudding. Friendly and helpful wait staff made this a very pleasant experience. This will be a Sunday stop for the family

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our waiter was a charming engaging young gentleman, Josh, who took excellent care of our needs. Brian, our host came by several times to ensure our compleat satisfaction.

Brunch buffet was outstanding. Seafood and shellfish were fresh. Oysters on the half shell were simply divine. What I ate in oyster on the half shell would have paid for the entire brunch for both of us, paying the going rate for oysters on the shell. Shrimp and grits were wonderfully cooked.

Omelette made to order were simply outstanding. They have so many different items to add to one's omelet that it can be a tad frustrating which to choose.

This has become our GO TO place for celebrations. Plan on returning often.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Deans is a local resturant . You may ave to use your GPS to find it, as it is off main drag- at least for a visitor. My wife and I visited on a Monday. Monday is date night - two entrees, two sides, a salad each and a bottle of wine to share for $50. Really a good deal. My wife had the salmon and I a filet - medium. They were both cooked perfectly. The vegetables we ordered were fresh and delectable.
Our server was Hannah. She gave us good information on our choices. The manager topped by each table to ask if he could provide any help.
This is a local, very clean resturant . I highly recommend it, especially for Monday date night.
You should probably call to see if special is always offered.

Been to Dean's Kitchen+Bar? Share your experiences!