“Southern Hospitality At It's Best.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cary
Hamilton Scot Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Cary B&B and Inns
Apex, North Carolina
“Southern Hospitality At It's Best.”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Hosted a bridal luncheon at the Hamilton Scot Inn and it was PERFECT. Eric and Sue are just amazing and give so much attention to detail. The food and service and atmosphere were just AMAZING. I give the whole experience on a scale of 1-10 a solid 10. Love Eric and Sue they feel just like family.

Room Tip: Every room is just beautiful...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank VJHamilton2014

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reidsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My husband and I just returned from a night at the Hamilton Scot Inn, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. However, if you're looking for a very quiet, private getaway, this probably isn't the right place for you. The second you walk in, Eric and Sue treat you like their new best friends. As soon as we arrived, Eric broke open a bottle of wine and gave us the grand tour, and once we'd taken our luggage up to our room, we were invited back down to the kitchen for wine, cheese, and conversation...I think we spent half of our time there just hanging out with them in the kitchen. When we were ready to leave the next day, Sue even pulled out a spoon and had me taste several of the things that she'd just picked up at the Farmer's Market. This is not a stuffy inn but a home where you're made to feel like family...a clean, comfortable home with excellent food and two precious dogs that we would have taken home with us if we could have. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to all of our friends!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Courtney Suite. It was clean and spacious, the bathroom was roomy and had a jetted...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CoachS04
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We wanted to avoid the "cookie cutter" hotels and we found the Hamilton Scot Inn in Cary.

Hidden amongst the Carolina pines is this beautiful estate. The rooms, and there are several different types to choose from, are elegantly decorated. Sue and Eric make you feel like one of the family. They were a big help in caring for Holli's mom and called a couple of weeks later to see how she was feeling.

They served a delicious Sunday breakfast, consisting of Eric's eggs Benedict and a parfait, absolutely brilliant. In our evening walks, we'd run across geese, deer and other wildlife. Felt great to relax and enjoy Southern Hospitality, North Carolina style.

Room Tip: Any room at the Hamilton Scot, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank ChrisandHolli
Largo, Maryland
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed at HS inn during a recent business trip to Cary NC for four nights.

Lovely estate. Lovely inn keepers. Gorgeous private bathroom ...Really made me feel totally at home.

I was studying for an exam and they provided me with a tranquil quiet environment in which to study with a gorgeous backdrop of Cary nc! I think they did an awesome job at adjusting to my needs given I am not likely their typical guest!

They have very well behaved inn pets that kept me company while I read and studied!!
I definitely will go back...

Friendly people and great breakfast what more could one ask for!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank roxieroxx
Austin
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hamilton Scot Inn. It was absolutely wonderful. Sue and Eric could not have been nicer or more hospitable. The Inn and the grounds are lovely. The rooms are furnished with beautiful antiques and quite spacious. Sue and Eric were the perfect Inn keepers, truly delightful. Breakfast each day was a true foodie's delight. Everything we ate was exquisite! We are looking forward to many visits there in the future. Janet & Burnie

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JAJBB
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I just came back after staying a week at Hamilton Scot Inn and it was exactly what we were looking for! Eric and Sue could not have been more accommodating and hospitable. My wife had to have a medical procedure performed and we were looking for a restful place to stay for her recuperation. Our room, the "Courtney Suite", was spacious and extremely comfortable. We enjoyed our morning coffee overlooking the woods and then went downstairs to exceptional breakfast offerings. Sue's breakfast parfaits will cure any cravings and Eric's made to order eggs or pancakes were a pleasant and unexpected touch. The Inn comes replete with every amenity you could wish for including the cutest little dog "Mickey" who bonded with me immediately...I tried to sneak him back in my carry on but why would he leave the Inn! They also have a beautiful standard poodle "Gracie" and three indoor/outdoor cats so we had our pet hit as we love animals and missed our "girl" back home in the Virgin Islands.
A big thank you to Sue and Eric for making our time in Cary so enjoyable and stress free!
PaulH

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Paul H
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I'm a seasoned business traveller who was looking for a "different" place to stay in RTP. A short 15 mins drive from the business park, the inn is a large beautiful house, set in a quiet park and furnished with antiques. The service is one of the best I have ever received in my years of travelling and the breakfast was varied and excellent (and this is coming from a picky frenchman staying in 5 star hotels). I would never stay anywhere else on my next trip to RTP, the inn feels like a home away from home.

Room Tip: Courtney's room is great with a view on the land behind the house and a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cary
The Mayton Inn
The Mayton Inn
#7 of 22 in Cary
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary
Comfort Suites Regency Park
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary

Been to Hamilton Scot Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!