“It's been a while between visits”

Academy Street Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Academy Street Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 456 Restaurants in Cary
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Academy Street Bistro is a casual dining restaurant serving a new American menu with a French flare. Come try our fresh fish, all natural meats, fresh and local produce. Academy Street Bistro only uses the freshest and highest quality ingredients available. We are committed to local farmers and will use organic produce whenever possible. Our meats are all natural. Please let us know of any allergies and we will accommodate you accordingly.
Cary, North Carolina
“It's been a while between visits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We decided on a whim to go out to dinner Friday night and thought we'd go back to Academy Street Bistro to give it another chance. The food and service was good...not superb...but quite tasty and creative. Shared an interesting polenta cake appetizer, followed by homemade raviolis. Grilled vegetable with a nice smoky flavor for me and wild mushroom for the wife. Only negative was, even though not a full house, it still remains way too noisy to carry on a conversation. Cost was reasonable value.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jeff E

Cary, North Carolina
“I really wanted to love this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was good...Not great. None of the food came out at the same time for our table and it was pretty long between deliveries. I was hoping to have a better experience but just it just did not live up the the menu descriptions. We had an 8 top and the service was good. I will give it another try for sure. Every place can have an off day.

1 Thank Aquaholick
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We just ate for the first time here for lunch and the food is fantastic! Great service and clean facilities. Will definetely be returning.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kaila G
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Enjoyable dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a date night at the Academy street bistro. A little loud, but nice decor. Outside dining is available. I had the grilled scallops with the ginger carrot purée while my husband had the special--a vegetable lasagna. Both dishes were really tasty. My husband, who is not a huge eater, was a little disappointed with the portions but mine was def enough. We plan to return--good food, easy parking and a good atmosphere!

1 Thank sirhobbes
Cary, North Carolina
“Did not live up to expectations, lentil miss-fire”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I have eaten Academy Street Bistro four times now. Our previous 3 visits were very good, but our last visit did not live up to the same satisfaction level as our prior visit. No complaints with the service. Our disappointment came with the preparation of the lentils that came with the salmon entree. Basically, they were undercooked, and not edible (i.e. hard and very chewy). When we discussed with our server he brought another serving from the kitchen. These too was not cooked, and inedible. We asked our server to taste them, his reply "he wouldn't know if they were undercooked as he never eats lentils." This begs the question did anyone in the kitchen taste them? I am hoping this was a one time miss-fire, and is not representative of what we can expect if we return.

3 Thank Jeff C

Been to Academy Street Bistro? Share your experiences!