Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Regency Parkway North
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Garden City Park, New York
“Never...ever...again”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel is cheap...and cheap is exactly what you get. Everything is not only outdated, but barely clean. The room is very small and the bed vibrates in the middle of the night when the air comes on. I'm definitely not a light sleeper, but I woke up three times the first night because the entire bed was shaking from the ventilation system.

I went over to the Marriott to inquire about room rates and they told me that people often switch from the Extended Stay to them. They also told me to check all the crevices in the room because past customers have said they found unexpected surprises. Lo and behold, I find what I believe are mouse droppings under the fridge. Google images helped confirm. Not only that, but dead larvae as well. I don't even want to know from which species they came.

Room Tip: Just choose a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I have been here 6 wks while training for work and am highly dissatisfied. I was ok with the uncomfortable bed, the late night fire alarm/evacuation, and the lack of a turntable in the microwave. But at a cost of over $3k for my stay you would think I could get clean linens. My wkly housekeeping has been skipped the past 2 wks and I have requested it to be done everyday since the 2nd missed cleaning, almost another week has passed but still no housekeeping visit (even though they assure me each day someone will take care of it). Also, the halls & elevator are quite dirty and halls have not been vacuumed since I have been here (same mess on the floor, even a beer cap in the same spot the entire visit). Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Cary hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is not a hotel for any business professionals or for any family. Completely run down, dated, dirty, and un-renovated (despite what the commercials claim). And apparently, there are families and some real "low lifes" living in this hotel...so buyer be ware. Felt utterly uncomfortable during our entire stay and actually check out early and would have stayed in another hotel had there been any rooms available. Kids running around the main hallway until 9, 10, 11 pm at night. Their parents hanging out lounging around yelling and "chilling" in the lobby and entrance way into hotel (which always made it so pleasant to go into the hotel). Walked in to entrance one of the days we were there to the overwhelming smell of marijuana... One of the employees (who was very nice, just not trained at her job properly) constantly hanging out with these "tenants", outside with no shoes on, smoking, on cell phone. There is a lot of work that needs to be done at this location including a complete overhaul of the trash that is allowed to live at the hotel. Hope that the manager is effective in addressing the many issues at this location.

Pros: Good location, decent rates (if hotel was up to par), nice size rooms (if were cleaned and updated), kitchenette
Don't say you weren't warned...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Regency Parkway North, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you experienced the crowded lobby and entrance way along with other issues stated in which made you very uncomfortable during your stay. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will be holding a meeting with my team to address issues that occurred to the respective departments. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at crp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Working in Cary for a week is why I stayed here. I thought having the kitchen instead of eating out everyday would be great.The first room I was given was not even clean. There was dirty dishes in sink and towels on floor. I went back to get a different room. The second room was not any better. There was can and boxed food in a cabinet. As I went to make coffee the coffee pot was to nasty to use. AlI the dishes, cookware and all the silverware still had old food on it. I could write my name in the dust that was on the tables. The shower had dirty soap spots, looked like it was never cleaned.Toilet was even worse. I found a hair bow on the floor ,not mine of course. To me it looked like all housekeeping did was make the bed. I also found all kind of stuff under my bed.I called front desk and I was told the managers would clean my room and they will think of something to make it up to me like a gift card or something. The managers did come clean my room.I also got all clean dishes, and some new cookware for the kitchen. The manager that cleaned the bathroom did not do much better, looked like she did only what I had pointed out, but I never showed her everything because I wanted to see if she would see the other stuff on her on, she didn't. The only thing I got for my troubles was a bunch of I'm sorry and 1bag of microwave popcorn. I don't care for popcorn so I left it. I would not recommend this place to anybody. Fyi Some friends of mine stayed at the other one up the street and they had no complaints.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Regency Parkway North, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team will be required to review policies and procedures to ensure they are done correctly. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at crp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area
Cary
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I never had a bad experience until this trip to Cary. First we tried to check in early afternoon but the room wasn't ready so we returned early evening to wash and go to dinner. The toilet would not flush. We left for a few hours while they fixed it. We returned late and they never did. They had no more double rooms so we had to split up from my daughters. I also think it's time to modernize and put kings or at least queen beds in the rooms.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Markham, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I needed a budget hotel in the South Cary, and decided to use the Express Deal at Price Line, so I didn't know what hotel I will get. When it was revealed, I've checked the Trip Advisor reviews and was quite taking aback with what people wrote. I even considered not to go there but finally decided to try.

I was very pleasantly surprised with everything I found there: perfect location (by the way - very close to Walmart and a series of nice local restaurants. One side of the hotel faces a nature trail, and I enjoyed my walk there every morning. The room was spacious and clean. Nice kitchen with a big fridge and kitchen amenities - all necessary minimum that you need if you want to have or prepare your food there. Lots of light, very smart locations of lamps and furniture. I liked the painting above my bad - very harmonizing. A mattress was really good (and I am picky, I have an expensive one at home), and pillows were very comfortable. Even there wasn’t shampoo over there (I new it and brought mine), there was a fancy massaging soap in the bathroom.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
I had one request for which they easily could say "no", but they accommodated it willingly and heartfully. .Free wi fi in the room - great. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are on budget.

April 2013

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Raleigh
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Hotel wasn't dirty, just older. Kitchen had a fridge, microwave and two hotplates. There was no hairdryer or clock and just two small bars of soap in the bathroom. The kitchen had a few items for just 2 people and only 2 pillows per bed. What we didn't like was the stink of curry in the hallways in the evenings, it was overpowering. There is no soundproofing to the hallway and that's a problem at night. Pets are allowed and there is a large field next door. So, if your moving to the area to work and need somewhere to stay for a coupe of months then this place may work for you if your on a tight budget but if you don't need a kitchen I'd look elsewhere. Staff were polite.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Smilefreely
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Regency Parkway North, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the odors of cooking from the other guest were not pleasant in the evenings that you stayed. In response to your feedback, I am having the staff deodorize the corridors throughout the evening. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.