“One of the better Mexican restaurants I've had” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #91 of 451 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Raleigh, North Carolina
“One of the better Mexican restaurants I've had”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I tend to eat in a lot of the Mexican restaurants that you find in the strip malls. Each of them advertise authentic food, and each of it tastes very similar, much like Chinese takeout. In the Raleigh area, you've probably heard of El Rodeo, Los Tres Magueyes, and lumped them all in to the same category. I know I have.

I find Torero's to be slightly better. Their offerings are similar, their prices higher, but they have a few things that set them apart. For one, some of their plates are huge. Larger than anything I've gotten out of a combination plate. They offer a more robust seafood menu, which I find highly underutilized in Mexican cuisine. I think the food is better seasoned, and some of the menu offerings are more creative. Is it tremendously better? No, but unless I'm going for some Tex-Mex or an upscale Mexican restaurant, then Torero's is plenty.

On the last visit, had the big plate with a tamal, chile relleno, rice and beans while wife had the tacos al carbon. Salsa had some spice, which was nice. Someone was walking around the restaurant, playing some tunes on the guitar, which is something I don't see everyday. Can't believe I went so long before coming here, but I plan to revisit sooner rather than later.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Apex, North Carolina
“The best and most authentic Mexican food in the area!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

My family and I have been going to Torero's since it opened in 1998 (if not earlier). My parents lived in California for 16 years and know what good Mexican food is, so when we moved to North Carolina, they had to find a Mexican place where we could satisfy our cravings. Torero's has been that place - by far the best Mexican restaurant in the area! They use real cheese (most places do not), good meat, and authentic flavors. Everything is pretty cheap and everything is very good. The staff is always friendly and helpful. We have gotten to really know the owner over the years, and I know this is one of the main reasons that the restaurant staff is so nice. We come about once every two weeks because we can't get enough of their food. I'm not sure why Torero's isn't rated number one on TripAdvisor...it's that good. I don't think people around here know what real Mexican food tastes like. I 100% recommend going to Torero's the next time you want really good authentic Mexican food!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent In Every Way !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

What a great place! We have now eaten at Torero's 4 or 5 times since moving to Cary a few months ago. OMG this place is a good find. The menu has many very unique dishes. Best variety of flavors we have ever had, and we have had more than our share of Mexican from coast to coast and in Mexico. The portions are huge. The value is excellent. Always great service. Had the good fortune of talking with the owner on our last visit, he is terrific guy who loves what he does, it was obvious he really cares about the customer's satisfaction. Food prices are very good. Top-Shelf Margaritas are wonderful and priced right - you can even get a 1/2 pitcher if you ask; we think its just the right amount for two people. I believe you will find that this palace is busy for a reason.

• Visited January 2012
“Always been very happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

We have been coming here for years and have always been p
Pleased. The food is very good and we have always had great service! Favorite mexican restruant!!

Apex, North Carolina
“Best Mexican around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We love Torero's! We lived in NC years ago and fell in love with the two Durham locations. When we recently moved back to NC, we lived closer to the Cary location. We have never had bad experiences at any of the restaurants. Now, we have three girls who can be hard to please. The staff is always patient and helpful. I just adore the salsa and rice. I could eat buckets of both. Everyone we have ever taken to this restaurant has enjoyed the food as well.

• Visited July 2011