“Very Good, Consistent Mexican food”

Torero's Authentic Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #92 of 479 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 October 2013

If you go to Torero's do yourself a favor and get something beyond tacos, burritos, chalupas, etc. Try some of their specialties and you won't be disappointed. If you order the same old stuff you probably won't see much of a difference between them and Tres Maguyues, El Dorado, etc.

Try something like the Carne Asada, Mar y Tierra, Tortilla Soup, or the Torero's plate which has a little of everything.

Restaurant can be busy but Staff is usually very attentive. Salsa is very good (you'll need to ask for Salsa Verde) and they chips are bottom-less. They now also have $1 Taco and Enchilada days which provide good food a great price.

We've been going to Torero's for 15 years and it's been consistently good over that time period. The food is good, bottom line.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Toreros has a great dish called chicken Mexican you need to go for that dish . We had it with flour tortillas and a side rice and a enchilada. My wife said it really tasted great. I am looking forward to going back.Toreros is a great place .

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Went for lunch with some friends. I have been here before but it seems like service and quality of food is just not as good. I felt rushed and was even told that our table of 4 could not have extra chips. There are other Mexican restaurants that I enjoy way more!

Reviewed 12 April 2013

The food is always authentic, plentiful and wonderful...margaritas are top notch...service is always good and pleasant.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I tend to eat in a lot of the Mexican restaurants that you find in the strip malls. Each of them advertise authentic food, and each of it tastes very similar, much like Chinese takeout. In the Raleigh area, you've probably heard of El Rodeo, Los Tres Magueyes, and lumped them all in to the same category. I know I have.

I find Torero's to be slightly better. Their offerings are similar, their prices higher, but they have a few things that set them apart. For one, some of their plates are huge. Larger than anything I've gotten out of a combination plate. They offer a more robust seafood menu, which I find highly underutilized in Mexican cuisine. I think the food is better seasoned, and some of the menu offerings are more creative. Is it tremendously better? No, but unless I'm going for some Tex-Mex or an upscale Mexican restaurant, then Torero's is plenty.

On the last visit, had the big plate with a tamal, chile relleno, rice and beans while wife had the tacos al carbon. Salsa had some spice, which was nice. Someone was walking around the restaurant, playing some tunes on the guitar, which is something I don't see everyday. Can't believe I went so long before coming here, but I plan to revisit sooner rather than later.